Sign in with
Your question

Need Help!! ANyone have an ECS A780GM-A Black Series and AMD 7750 2.7?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 3, 2009 12:42:18 AM

I've had this board since March of this year. I've had problems since it was new with random restarts. It doesn't BSOD, it just restarts. It doesn't matter what I'm doing .. 1 task at a time or multiple. Surfing the net or listening to music. I think it may have something to do with the RAM voltage, but this board has a weird way of setting the voltage. I don't overclock or even game other than the occasional game of solitaire. So, I need to know if anyone has this motherboard and CPU and what your voltage is set to in the BIOS.

The other issue I have is that this board only has 1 IDE header and both the HD and DVD burner are on the same cable. I have issues copying my CD's to my HD or burning files to DVD. Sometimes it will have a hiccup and skip a song or file.

I appreciate any help you guys/gals can give me with this problem.

Here is the complete set-up:

ECS A780GM-A with BIOS update

AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor Model AD775ZWCGHBOX -

Corsair DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5

Seagate 250GB EIDE HD 7200/8MB/ATA-100

PHILIPS 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model SPD2413BM/17 - OEM

Diablotek DA Series 350w ATX Power Supply
December 4, 2009 9:54:50 PM

packrfanfw said:
I've had this board since March of this year. I've had problems since it was new with random restarts. It doesn't BSOD, it just restarts. It doesn't matter what I'm doing .. 1 task at a time or multiple. Surfing the net or listening to music. I think it may have something to do with the RAM voltage, but this board has a weird way of setting the voltage. I don't overclock or even game other than the occasional game of solitaire. So, I need to know if anyone has this motherboard and CPU and what your voltage is set to in the BIOS.

The other issue I have is that this board only has 1 IDE header and both the HD and DVD burner are on the same cable. I have issues copying my CD's to my HD or burning files to DVD. Sometimes it will have a hiccup and skip a song or file.

I appreciate any help you guys/gals can give me with this problem.

Here is the complete set-up:

ECS A780GM-A with BIOS update

AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor Model AD775ZWCGHBOX -

Corsair DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5

Seagate 250GB EIDE HD 7200/8MB/ATA-100

PHILIPS 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model SPD2413BM/17 - OEM

Diablotek DA Series 350w ATX Power Supply

UPDATE:

I bumped the voltage to the RAM and it seems to work great now. Over 48 hrs with multiple apps running and no reset.
m
l
December 4, 2009 11:32:40 PM

I spoke too soon. 2 resets within an hour.

ANy ideas anyone??
m
l
Related resources
December 9, 2009 7:47:26 PM

I think its a power supply issue, but ask for a second opinion.
m
l
December 24, 2009 1:37:42 PM

What's your OS? I've never had the hard drive and dvd drive on the same ide cable before so I don't know anything about that as a problem; you might have to google that for possible problems. The power supply, that could be a problem given that it isn't a top name brand at 350w. I have the same board and same cpu, windows 7(64bit) with two dvd drives on the same ide cable, hd on sata, 4gigs 1066(pc8500), and an Ati 5770 w/1gig ddr5; both the cpu and card are oc'ed and running fine on an OCZ 470w power supply. As I asked before, what's your OS? And what graphics card are you using? Those two questions could be a problem as well so would need to know what they are.
m
l
December 30, 2009 10:57:14 PM

I got W7 for Christmas and..knock on wood..it hasn't happened since. I just use the on board graphics, I don 't play games or anything.
m
l
December 31, 2009 5:58:29 PM

I'm wondering about something here. You putted HDD and DVD/Rom on a same IDE cable. I know you only got 1 IDE slot. Just like my two M/B of these. You know that really an old setup that use back in old day. Really best may try putting IDE/SATA -adapter/Converter on that HDD and run it SATA setup. Since you already have your running Window and stuff on that HDD. Also be cheaper if you couldn't get an SATA HDD. Be good for not conflicting, better transferring.
I'm having hard time getting real answer of deal for DDR2 PC8500/240 pin/ 1066Mhz. Setting it in Bios Setup. ECS and AMI , What language are they in, What is in USA Volt to setup for 1066. Memory they askes to get for the board? Where in the heck are they? Founded out they're out on the market, they was just being for testing.
m
l
January 24, 2010 12:54:08 AM

gregorylee66 said:
I'm wondering about something here. You putted HDD and DVD/Rom on a same IDE cable. I know you only got 1 IDE slot. Just like my two M/B of these. You know that really an old setup that use back in old day. Really best may try putting IDE/SATA -adapter/Converter on that HDD and run it SATA setup. Since you already have your running Window and stuff on that HDD. Also be cheaper if you couldn't get an SATA HDD. Be good for not conflicting, better transferring.
I'm having hard time getting real answer of deal for DDR2 PC8500/240 pin/ 1066Mhz. Setting it in Bios Setup. ECS and AMI , What language are they in, What is in USA Volt to setup for 1066. Memory they askes to get for the board? Where in the heck are they? Founded out they're out on the market, they was just being for testing.

Looking at the boards, this board has problems with 1066Mhz ram. I would do a check of the boards, but expect to change to 800Mhz if needed.
m
l
January 31, 2010 1:24:59 PM

rbendorf said:
Looking at the boards, this board has problems with 1066Mhz ram. I would do a check of the boards, but expect to change to 800Mhz if needed.

I bought a new motherboard and sata hard drive, re-installed Windows & and it's been running like a champ since. Even when I still had the ECS motherboard in, I didn't have 1 reset problem once I installed Windows 7.

Weird.

Now I just need to sell the ECS board.

Thanks for all the help guys.
m
l
!