Crosshair III Support for PII X4 965 125 Wat?

arsenal553

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Hello Friends,
I was just wondering if the Crosshair III would support the Phenom II X4 965 125 watt CPu Without a bios support. I have already bought the CPU and i will be getting the Crosshair III Motherboard at christmas. Do you think it will ship with the new bios by then.

Thanks,
arsenal553

Solution
Yes, it most likely will. They usually try to put out the BIOS support for the new chips far in advance so this is so. So it is very likely you will get the new BIOS, especially if from a high volume reseller.

Even if you don't get it though it will be ok, as most likely it will still boot fine and allow you to update the BIOS for full compatibility. On a side note, I have run an FX-60 in a board that never put out a BIOS to support it. Runs fine other than everything but CPU-Z calling it "AMD Processor Model Unknown".
Yes, it most likely will. They usually try to put out the BIOS support for the new chips far in advance so this is so. So it is very likely you will get the new BIOS, especially if from a high volume reseller.

Even if you don't get it though it will be ok, as most likely it will still boot fine and allow you to update the BIOS for full compatibility. On a side note, I have run an FX-60 in a board that never put out a BIOS to support it. Runs fine other than everything but CPU-Z calling it "AMD Processor Model Unknown".

Solution