Heneb/Toverclocker auto OC/need advise

G

I use Heneb(Heka->Deneb), ta880gb hd, and G skill Ripjaws ddr3 2gbx2 ram. Also, I use a cooler master 212

I used to use my computer without any OC, purely because I felt no need for it. However, I thought that it would be nice to pull out some extra performance, so I decided to use a program that came with MB, Toverclocker.

Here is the specifics before OC with core unlocked. I used the unlocking function from my MB.

5jz3pw.png
Before

and then, i used Toverclocker to automatically OC it(being a noob, I assume?)

2cs9sih.png
After - Intelburn 20 times

2wmm7oj.png
- Prime95 30min(stopped because i mistakenly pressed benchmark button while going through the option bar

Because my cpu isn't BE(unfortunately), ram went up along with cpu.
I know that 3->3.2 isn't a lot, but again, I did this not because I felt special need for OC.

Is this suitable for everyday use? I don't know whether this program is entirely trustworthy or not.

Any suggested improvements?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
You'll need to fiddle with the BIOS settings to really achieve a good overclock.

Basically as you push the FSB up you'll need to increase the voltage to the CPU and the ram. The ram might need some loosening up with regards to the timings as well.

You clearly have prime95 but you'll need memtest86 as well. You'll need to run both (not in unison because memtest86 has to be booted via disc :p ) to be sure that both your ram timings/voltage and CPU clock and voltage are running properly.

Not sure what your ram timings are at 1333 but the ripjaws can handle a decent overclock. I'd assume you can get to ~3.5ghz via FSB but you'd have to change the timings.

First and foremost you should get to know your BIOS and just what everything...

lowjack989

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Thats only a 6% bclk increase....your voltage looks fine...quite low actually

That OC is minimal ....its good that it clocked up you RAM....

IMO..Software OCing does nothing but the wrong things....use BIOS or nothing at all

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
You'll need to fiddle with the BIOS settings to really achieve a good overclock.

Basically as you push the FSB up you'll need to increase the voltage to the CPU and the ram. The ram might need some loosening up with regards to the timings as well.

You clearly have prime95 but you'll need memtest86 as well. You'll need to run both (not in unison because memtest86 has to be booted via disc :p ) to be sure that both your ram timings/voltage and CPU clock and voltage are running properly.

Not sure what your ram timings are at 1333 but the ripjaws can handle a decent overclock. I'd assume you can get to ~3.5ghz via FSB but you'd have to change the timings.

First and foremost you should get to know your BIOS and just what everything does. As henydiah noted, certain things should be disabled to achieve a better clock but they come at the expense of power saving measures (usually). Furthermore, any sort of overclock generally voids the warranty on a number of parts. The primary thing to look out for is heat as that can harm your parts (and even those more precious ones if they're sitting on your lap). With higher overclock = higher voltage = higher heat. Heat = nono when it comes to computers.

For a longterm overclock you're looking to usually keep the power saving measures but achieve a clock as high as possible without loosening up the ram timings too much and keeping the temperatures relatively low (mid 50s) at full load.

Solution