Kandalf LCD+1155 socket?

Hi guys, ive been looking now at some of the prices around here, and i noticed i can get a quite beastyl PC with right under 400 Euros.

My problem is i have a kandalf LCS, that basicly works as cooling for CPU with water cooling.

I have no interest at all to change that, at elast not for now, and i wanted to know if it would be compatible.

The kandalf LCS has a cpu block that looks like this 1:

http://computer-reviews.net/thermaltake-big-water-se-computer-water-cooling-system/

But i cant find a model to compare it, to see if it would be compatible. It seems its the same model as Big Water 735:

Waterblock Dimension 60 x 78 x 23.5 mm
Material Copper & Acrylic
Connector 3 pin
Weight 453g
LED Blue LED.

I Might get another waterblock, i just want to know if this one would work

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
TT Bigwater kits are absolute junk; you'd actually be better off getting an LCS cooler instead.

I'm not as familiar with the Kandalf stuff you are talking about, though...can you provide a link for reference? (that way, everyone posting replies doesn't have to Google the info :) )

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
So it was a question about mounting the block? Original post didn't state that... That information would have been helpful to understand what you were actually wishing to accomplish.

"and i was wondering if it would be compatible".

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/tt_kandalf/
Its junk compared to highest-end air collers, or high end water coolers, but its quiet and has decent temps.
26 c Idle with a 23 C ambient. 51 on hottest core at load.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
^Right, I get that...but compatible with ....'what'?

- other watercooling components
- motherboard (not listed)
- CPU (not listed)

Needed a little more info to understand what you were wanting to do here. I wasn't trying to attack you, but there was some confusion surrounding what you were really asking for help on.

Edit: Radiator looks like it's aluminum...bad news for a mixed metals loop. Might want to validate if the tubes/channels of the radiator are actually aluminum. If so, at very minimum, consider a glycol/anti corrosion solution or getting a different rad.

True, i just assumed it was clear its a sandy bridge 1155 socket :D.

On the other hand would be a asus sabertooth p67, but i doubt that will be any problem as today there are no parts that could give any problems.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
True, i just assumed it was clear its a sandy bridge 1155 socket .

No, didn't say anything about it...unless it is in your member config...and I didn't check there. Either way, it's a lot faster to post it for all to find quickly. No worries.

On the other hand would be a asus sabertooth p67, but i doubt that will be any problem as today there are no parts that could give any problems.

As long as you can find or implement a good mount for the block, it should be fine. The only thing that really needs to be considered is that the block mounts flush on the CPU, is held in place without moving and there isn't too much pressure applied that would damage the motherboard.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Rubix, look the title?

Well, I'll be damned... :) My fault.

1156- Processor dimensions 37.5 × 37.5 mm
775- Processor dimensions 1.47 × 1.47 inches (37.5mm)

Looks like they might be the same physical size...however there are tremendous differences between the 2. This was just a quick Wikipedia search to find dimensions...didn't see anything that actually had a side-by-side photo.

Oh thx, that actually helps a lot more than u might think, as it means that even the mounting kit has a high chance of working (it looks physicly same way that the one they offer for compatibility).

Thx

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
It's possible, but you might want to do some double and triple checking to make sure. The biggest concern I would have is the motherboard mounting holes being different or lining up. If it works, great. Just make sure you do all this checking before you flip all the switches and find out the hard way there was something wrong.

grahamie

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
I have the kandolf lcs case and im sure the universal bracket that comes with it will work ( Im not to sure if they all are shipped with this bracket or not but mine was )

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/store/Product.aspx?C=1020&SC=1076&ID=1135

Mine is the same, the proble is when i checked the "compatibility bracket" i saw there are 2 holes in a diffrent position, so i am a bit skeptical. Anyway i will check it... Just no money yet, and im starting to think that i might better wait to see how good the next socket is.