Application Error???

Here lately when I start up my computer (windows xp home
edition) it gives me an error message. (Application has
encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any
inconvenience.) Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

michele peatross
2 answers Last reply
More about application error

    michele peatross wrote:
    > Here lately when I start up my computer (windows xp home
    > edition) it gives me an error message. (Application has
    > encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any
    > inconvenience.) Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

    First - on giving your email address - never open unexpected attachments.
    Even the expected should be scanned for viruses before opening. Microsoft
    is not sending you patches by email.

    Look through your event log for any and all errors:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308427

    Give the extra details here.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    michele peatross wrote:
    > Here lately when I start up my computer (windows xp home
    > edition) it gives me an error message. (Application has
    > encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any
    > inconvenience.) Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
    >
    > michele peatross
    Michele,
    It appears that you have signed on to the Newsgroup using your real E-mail
    address, NEVER do that as it will be harvested by spammers and virus
    spreaders.

    --
    Gene K

Configuration Microsoft Error Message Windows XP