GeForce 7300 LE overheating?

REL_Dude

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Hi all,
Lately my computer has been taking forever to do even the smallest tasks (let alone starting up) and since it recently started getting extremely hot where I live I thought it might have to do with the temps.
I have SIW reporting temps of around 51-52 degrees celsisus (~125F) for my CPU but my GPU is rrunning at 89 celsius (~190F)! That's very hot isn't it? Could that be the cause of my computer lagging?
Any input would be appreciated...

REL_Dude

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Nope. In Israel. Close... :)
Just cleaned out 4 years worth of dust a few days ago (and there was a lot!) before I started monitoring the temps but it didn't help.
I even installed an extra gig of RAM but it doesn't seem to be working any faster. I guess I may have o have another fan installed to call the video card....

PimpDaddyJoe

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Those GPU temps do seem a little high to me. Since you've used compressed air on everything (hopfully your CPU fan also), I'd buy a new cheap video card. I would recommend reimaging your computer once you get the new video card. That will surely speed up your computer. If your computer is running slow it's usually a driver problem and most of the time the only fix is reimage. You don't need to spend alot on a card.

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
If the slow down is physical, then you'd see the issues magnified under load. Those temps are fairly high but should be causing speeds to drop that much. Try simple software fixes. IE : CCleaner to clean out termporary and junk files. Spybot Search & Destroy for malware, spyware,e tc. And your favorite active antivirus program to perpetually monitor system changes. I Use Avast as its free, tests processes and services when started, and allows for a boot time scan.