CPU + other related questions, Need seriously good advice plz.

ambizro

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Hello,

Current system,
i5 2.8 ghz (760)
4 gig corsair dominators
5770 xfx 1gig card
750 PSU Coolmax something.. lol

here is my question, when playing high end games i am not satified with my performance... I am running on a 42 LG LCD TV reason is long but thats what i have for now. Does that effect my performance?

When it comes to getting upgrades I am really lost at this point. How do I know if I need more CPU power vs More GPU power or just straight up more ram?

I would ideally love to get a balance where I feel all key parts of my rig are kinda on equal parts.

Personally I think my GPU is my weakest link, opinions? Safe to overclock my current gpu and cpu? should I?

Help me decide which upgrades I should do if any or first try to OC my system a bit? Or is it just a case of getting a proper monitor which I think might be easier for my system to run on?

I am not very techy as you can probably tell but I do appreciate any and all advice I get!

THANKS IN ADVANCED!!

Philip.

There's really no difference from a tv or monitor, I suspect it's 1080p? You're gpu is the weakest link but you could also get more performance if you overclock the cpu as long as you have a good heatsink. To test if your cpu is bottlenecking: in windows power management you can change the maximum cpu usage, put it to like 70% and see if you get a drop in fps. Testing if your gpu is easy, just change graphics options down and your fps should go up. What is you budget?