Sign in with
Your question

My mouse cursor will not move when finishing installing windows xp on my laptop

Last response: in Windows XP
November 17, 2011 4:46:53 AM

I Reinstalled windows xp service pack 2 on my laptop and everything was going smooth until my laptop restarted in order to finish installing windows xp. At this point the mouse cursor was frozen and also the keyboard so I was not able to finish configuring windows xp. I tried safe mode and the mouse cursor and keyboard really work fine. Please I need help, I can not use my laptop because I am not able to finish configuring windows xp, in order to do this I need the mouse cursor and keyboard working propperly. Please anybody helppppp me.
Thank you!!!!
Ares.
a b D Laptop
November 17, 2011 5:31:39 AM

Thehitman said:
I Reinstalled windows xp service pack 2 on my laptop and everything was going smooth until my laptop restarted in order to finish installing windows xp. At this point the mouse cursor was frozen and also the keyboard so I was not able to finish configuring windows xp. I tried safe mode and the mouse cursor and keyboard really work fine. Please I need help, I can not use my laptop because I am not able to finish configuring windows xp, in order to do this I need the mouse cursor and keyboard working propperly. Please anybody helppppp me.
Thank you!!!!
Ares.

In safe mode, check hard drive for errors, and do a memory test on ram, to eliminate those possible error types.

If you select "with networking" you will have internet access to download
a memory test utility if needed. Memory testing can take some time depending on the amount you have, and may have to do it one stick at a time.

Chkdsk /r from CMD prompt to check hard drive for errors.
November 17, 2011 4:57:35 PM

Dear friend, when I enter in safe mode I am able to move the mouse but the following message appears in my screen "The system is not fully installed. Please run Set up again" then I click Ok and the computer restarts but the mouse cursor won't move this time and I am not able to finish setting up windows, as you can see I'm really stuck. Please advice on how to resolve this problem.
Thank you!!!
Ares.
a b D Laptop
November 17, 2011 5:37:45 PM

Thehitman said:
Dear friend, when I enter in safe mode I am able to move the mouse but the following message appears in my screen "The system is not fully installed. Please run Set up again" then I click Ok and the computer restarts but the mouse cursor won't move this time and I am not able to finish setting up windows, as you can see I'm really stuck. Please advice on how to resolve this problem.
Thank you!!!
Ares.

Boot with the CD and repair install, or do the install over again with format.
(Hope your personal files are saved)
!