lost the ability to tilt?? S2

Hi all
I have been playing Sims2 and University for a while but today I am unable
to "tilt" any more by clicking and holding my scroll wheel??
Is there a keyboard control that does the same thing?
Has anyone else experienced this?
I have a MS cordless optical mouse (and have been using the same mouse the
entire time)
The battery is fine and it woks fine in all other applications.

Thanks in advance

Dim Sim

"Dim Sim" <dim_sim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I have been playing Sims2 and University for a while but today I am unable
> to "tilt" any more by clicking and holding my scroll wheel??
> Is there a keyboard control that does the same thing?
> Has anyone else experienced this?
> I have a MS cordless optical mouse (and have been using the same mouse the
> entire time)
> The battery is fine and it woks fine in all other applications.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dim Sim
Are you playing the game in a window?
If so, that may be the reason.
If not, just keep punching the button down, as i have the same problem from
time to time, but i am stubborn and usually it clears up :)

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> "Dim Sim" <dim_sim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>> I have been playing Sims2 and University for a while but today I am
>> unable to "tilt" any more by clicking and holding my scroll wheel??
>> Is there a keyboard control that does the same thing?
>> Has anyone else experienced this?
>> I have a MS cordless optical mouse (and have been using the same
>> mouse the entire time)
>> The battery is fine and it woks fine in all other applications.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Dim Sim
> Are you playing the game in a window?
> If so, that may be the reason.
> If not, just keep punching the button down, as i have the same
> problem from time to time, but i am stubborn and usually it clears up
> :)

I just developed the same problem, but I had to buy a new mouse because mine
finally died (dog chewed on the cord) and I figured that's what my problem
was. Perhaps I'll be able to get it to work again after all.

Jeanie

I have also just changed from a MS optical mouse to a Logitech, because
the MS pointer kept doing it's own thing and jumping into a corner of
the screen.
Anyway, even with the Logitech wheel set on zoom it does not do
rotate/tilt in TS2, but holding down the Left Control key while
dragging the right mouse button does.
HTH
Moray

Also, you could try checking that your mouse settings haven't been changed.
I used to use a Logitech cordless and when I installed S2 I didn't have the
tilt or zoom functions at all. Didn't even know I was missing them until I
read a post here. I've changed mice since then, so I'm thinking back here,
but I remember the fix was to alter the wheel button functions in the
Logitech config panel (not the standard mouse panel) and toggle 'treat as
Microsoft scroll mouse' (or some such). It was a tick box and I can't
remember if I had to turn it on or off. What I do remember is that I lost
these functions again later when I installed a new game on my machine which
must have had an auto-configure kind of function - cause 'poof' when my tilt
and zoom again until I went back in and toggled that box.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> Bluegenie2 wrote:
> > "Dim Sim" <dim_sim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi all
> >> I have been playing Sims2 and University for a while but today I am
> >> unable to "tilt" any more by clicking and holding my scroll wheel??
> >> Is there a keyboard control that does the same thing?
> >> Has anyone else experienced this?
> >> I have a MS cordless optical mouse (and have been using the same
> >> mouse the entire time)
> >> The battery is fine and it woks fine in all other applications.
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance
> >>
> >> Dim Sim
> > Are you playing the game in a window?
> > If so, that may be the reason.
> > If not, just keep punching the button down, as i have the same
> > problem from time to time, but i am stubborn and usually it clears up
> > :)
>
> I just developed the same problem, but I had to buy a new mouse because
mine
> finally died (dog chewed on the cord) and I figured that's what my problem
> was. Perhaps I'll be able to get it to work again after all.
>
> Jeanie

That is true :)
I have the same mouse as he does and never thought of that, lol.
But they are microsoft mice after all. Seems like there is a place in the
mouse properties where you can assign programs. Hmmm, just looked and with
this mouse that option is not there :(
With my other mouse I had to add psp to a list so that i could use the wheel
as a zoom tool. I don't see that option with this mouse.

Madame Mim wrote:
> Also, you could try checking that your mouse settings haven't been
> changed. I used to use a Logitech cordless and when I installed S2 I
> didn't have the tilt or zoom functions at all. Didn't even know I was
> missing them until I read a post here. I've changed mice since then,
> so I'm thinking back here, but I remember the fix was to alter the
> wheel button functions in the Logitech config panel (not the standard
> mouse panel) and toggle 'treat as Microsoft scroll mouse' (or some
> such). It was a tick box and I can't remember if I had to turn it on
> or off. What I do remember is that I lost these functions again later
> when I installed a new game on my machine which must have had an
> auto-configure kind of function - cause 'poof' when my tilt and zoom
> again until I went back in and toggled that box.

My new mouse is a Logitech optical corded mouse. Nothing special. I've
checked the mouse properties and don't see a box to check like that. This
mouse is set for "Universal Scroll" in properties, whatever that means.
Other options include such things as cut, paste, explore my computer, etc.
but nothing looks like what I need to be able to tilt again. Nothing like
"program assigned" or such.

Jeanie

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> Bluegenie2 wrote:
>>> "Dim Sim" <dim_sim@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Are you playing the game in a window?
>>> If so, that may be the reason.
>>> If not, just keep punching the button down, as i have the same
>>> problem from time to time, but i am stubborn and usually it clears
>>> up :)
>>
>> I just developed the same problem, but I had to buy a new mouse
>> because mine finally died (dog chewed on the cord) and I figured
>> that's what my problem was. Perhaps I'll be able to get it to work
>> again after all.
>>
>> Jeanie

sorry to piggyback, Jeanie--I've already deleted the original message:

(snipped here, there and everywhere)

> "Dim Sim" <dim_sim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I have been playing Sims2 and University for a while but today I am
> unable to "tilt" any more by clicking and holding my scroll wheel??
> Is there a keyboard control that does the same thing?

Hold down Control+Right-click and then drag. If that doesn't work, try
Shift+Right-click and drag.

(I'm still asleep, LOL)

~lucy

It may just be a different config program now, have a look and see what the
other behaviour options are for the wheel button.

I hope you find the answer, though, I remember how PO'd I was when I lost
the functions after having gotten used to them.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

Madame Mim wrote:
> It may just be a different config program now, have a look and see
> what the other behaviour options are for the wheel button.
>
> I hope you find the answer, though, I remember how PO'd I was when I
> lost the functions after having gotten used to them.

I will try the suggestions here about holding down the control key while
trying it and see if that works.

Jeanie

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> Madame Mim wrote:
>>> Also, you could try checking that your mouse settings haven't been
>>> changed. I used to use a Logitech cordless and when I installed S2 I
>>> didn't have the tilt or zoom functions at all. Didn't even know I
>>> was missing them until I read a post here. I've changed mice since
>>> then, so I'm thinking back here, but I remember the fix was to
>>> alter the wheel button functions in the Logitech config panel (not
>>> the standard mouse panel) and toggle 'treat as Microsoft scroll
>>> mouse' (or some such). It was a tick box and I can't remember if I
>>> had to turn it on or off. What I do remember is that I lost these
>>> functions again later when I installed a new game on my machine
>>> which must have had an auto-configure kind of function - cause
>>> 'poof' when my tilt and zoom again until I went back in and toggled
>>> that box.
>>
>> My new mouse is a Logitech optical corded mouse. Nothing special.
>> I've checked the mouse properties and don't see a box to check like
>> that. This mouse is set for "Universal Scroll" in properties,
>> whatever that means. Other options include such things as cut,
>> paste, explore my computer, etc. but nothing looks like what I need
>> to be able to tilt again. Nothing like "program assigned" or such.
>>
>> Jeanie
>>

>>> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

Hi all
Thanks for the advice.
I checked my settings and the scroll is set to the default setting of "Next
Window" . That would explain why it keeps minimizing the game!(Sorry I
forgot to mention that earlier)
Anyone know what setting it should be set on to work properly in the game?

Many thanks

> Hi all
> I have been playing Sims2 and University for a while but today I am unable
> to "tilt" any more by clicking and holding my scroll wheel??
> Is there a keyboard control that does the same thing?
> Has anyone else experienced this?
> I have a MS cordless optical mouse (and have been using the same mouse the
> entire time)
> The battery is fine and it woks fine in all other applications.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dim Sim

Hi All

I changed my scroll setting to "auto scroll" and I can tilt again!
Thank you all for your help.
Have a great weekend