Sign in with
Your question

Loss of signal

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 30, 2009 7:43:46 PM

GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P amd 770 chipset
AMD AM3 Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz cpu
Sparkle 9800gtx+ 1gb DDR3 graphics card (nvidia)
OCZ 2gb 1600mhz ram
Rocketfish 550w p/s
Antec Three Hundred Case
Windows XP sp3

The graphics card has 3 ports: VGA, DVI & HDMI I'm running my system on a clone display with the 19" LCD monitor being the primary and my Samsung 40" LCD tv being the secondary (clone display on hdmi 2). When using the the monitor and tv in a clone display, it works great! Once you change to hdmi 1 to watch tv or turn it off and turn back on later hdmi 2 to use the clone display, it says "weak or no signal" or "searching for signal". Does anyone have this problem or know of a solution as to whether it's a hardward or a driver problem???

More about : loss signal

June 30, 2009 8:36:40 PM

PURE guesswork, never done that:

Sounds as if your PC is detecting "no monitor attached" once you shift to hdmi2, and shutting down the signal?

Curious: if you shift to hdmi2, and immediately back to hdmi1, is the picture still there?

After you "lose" picture on hdmi1, can you get it back by going into nVidia Control Panel and forcing recognition of the Samsung?
June 30, 2009 9:14:40 PM

19" LCD monitor is connected via DVI
40" LCD tv is connected vial hdmi
hdmi 1 is satellite tv
hdmi 2 is clone display of 19" LCD monitor
Once you switch from hdmi 2 to hdmi 1 to watch tv or turn it off and back on at a later time, hdmi 2 shows "weak or no signal" or "searching for signal" we then have to go back into Nvidia Control Panel to run the multiple display wizard to have a clone display.
Related resources
June 30, 2009 9:40:43 PM

Yeah, I get that. Was asking (1) if you switch and switch back quickly, do you still lose the signal, and (2) if you could reset it from control panel (which I now know you can).

If you don't get an answer here, you might try posting on:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/index.php

Folks there may have more experience with your specific TV and nvidia/hdmi handshaking.
July 14, 2010 9:26:49 AM

Parallax771 said:
19" LCD monitor is connected via DVI
40" LCD tv is connected vial hdmi
hdmi 1 is satellite tv
hdmi 2 is clone display of 19" LCD monitor
Once you switch from hdmi 2 to hdmi 1 to watch tv or turn it off and back on at a later time, hdmi 2 shows "weak or no signal" or "searching for signal" we then have to go back into Nvidia Control Panel to run the multiple display wizard to have a clone display.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having a similar issue myself with a multiscreen set up.
!