Thermostat /w LED Display Connector Issue

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • LED Monitor
  • Components
  • Displays
Last response: in Components
September 13, 2009 10:47:20 PM

I have a Thermostat that is mounted on the front of my case. I was unhooking some bad fans positioned under the thermostat and noticed that it had been unplugged. I looked around and can't find where it was hooked up. It has a two-pin female connector and the only fan power connectors on my mobo are 3 pin. Any ideas of where this cord was hooked up?

More about : thermostat led display connector issue

a b ) Power supply
September 14, 2009 2:07:05 AM

Presumably, the thermostat was provided by the case manufacturer? Odds are, the thermostat plugs into the back of the module that displays the temperature.

There's little to no chance it plugs into your mobo.
m
l
September 14, 2009 3:07:36 AM

The loose cord is the power cord for the entire thermostat unit. I just cant find a hookup on my PSU or my mobo.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
September 14, 2009 3:18:45 AM

What does your manual say?

What is the make/model of the thermostat unit?
m
l
September 14, 2009 5:10:01 AM

I bought the system from Cyberpowerpc about a year ago so I'm not sure what the model is. Also, I didn't get any manuals for the components. It's mounted in the front of my case so I'd hafta completely disassemble the pc to get to serial/model numbers.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 14, 2009 6:46:36 AM

Not much I can do to help without that info. Call Cyberpower and ask.
m
l
September 14, 2009 6:25:28 PM

Did the thermostat work before and not working any more? I guess there should be adapter cable to plug it in PSU 4 pin molex. It could be that it was using common cable with fans and You removed it with the fans.
m
l
September 14, 2009 7:55:56 PM

I had to get an adapter for my PSU. all good now
m
l
Related resources
!