Crucial C300 64GB vs Patriot Inferno 60GB

unknown_13

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Hi guys,

I'm considering to buy an SSD 'cause i'm fed up with slow bootup and loading of apps. I was considering the Patriot Inferno 60GB, but the Crucial C300 might also be an option. Which is better?

Thanks.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Both are good drives. The Crucial C300 (powered by Marvell) will have faster read speeds, especially if you decide to use SATA III at some point. The Patriot drive (powered by SandForce) will have faster write speeds. For an OS drive, I would go with the C300 as write speeds will not matter much.

Be sure to optimize your SSD, tecmo34 wrote a good article on the subject.

http://www.computing.net/howtos/show/solid-state-drive-ssd-tweaks-for-windows-7/552.html

unknown_13

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Thanks for the help. It looks like the Crucial C300 is not available in my country, so i guess i'm gonna pick up the Patriot Inferno, unless i find a way to order it from the US :D

unknown_13

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Yeah well i live in Macedonia, i checked their website and it doesn't show up there. I have highly doubted that it'll shop up anyway :(

Maybe in the summer i'll go to Austria, and i'll see what i can do there. Still there is a lot of time till summer :)