Connecting to an Epson Workforce 600 via a home network

G

I recently purchased an Epson Workforce 600 in part because of its network capabilities. I have been able to connect to this printer over the network on all but one of my four PC's. All 4 PC's run XP Pro, all have McAfee security, and are all on the same network. Epson support says that this is a firewall issue but all of the machine have the same settings. I have even tried disabiling the firewall. no luck. Any thoughts?

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Have you set the correct gateway and subnet mask on the printer's control so your router can assign an IP address to it?
e.g. for a typical 192.168.0.x network you'd set gateway to 192.168.0.1 and subnet mask to 255.255.255.0

The other thing you'll want is for the printer to have a static IP address, so it doesn't change. If the IP address of the printer changes then you'd have to reconfigure every computer's printer setting to match that IP address = not fun.
You can do that in the web configuration page of your router by assigning the printer's MAC address to a specific IP.