Fountain and baby problems

My fortune sims keep wanting to buy a fountain worth more than 600
simoleons. However even if you do, buy either of the fountains in
sculpture, it doesn't clear the want. Does anyone else have that problem or
is it unique to my game?

Also does adoption clear the have a baby want? I had one family sim that
wanted a baby enough the want appeared twice, but I didn't want to mess up
the career track of his wife. Adoption didn't clear his want, even though
he made the call- he was at work when the baby was delivered though, if that
makes a difference.

Nancy Scott wrote:
> My fortune sims keep wanting to buy a fountain worth more than 600
> simoleons. However even if you do, buy either of the fountains in
> sculpture, it doesn't clear the want. Does anyone else have that
> problem or is it unique to my game?

Not a clue, never had that want, but...

> Also does adoption clear the have a baby want? I had one family sim
> that wanted a baby enough the want appeared twice, but I didn't want
> to mess up the career track of his wife. Adoption didn't clear his
> want, even though he made the call- he was at work when the baby was
> delivered though, if that makes a difference.

Someone mentioned this recently in news:alt.binaries.games.thesims and yes
it does, so it seems as if there's something wrong with your game. Also,
women get maternity leave and then IIRC 4 days holiday after that, so you
don't need to worry about messing up careers.

Nancy Scott wrote:
> My fortune sims keep wanting to buy a fountain worth more than 600
> simoleons. However even if you do, buy either of the fountains in
> sculpture, it doesn't clear the want. Does anyone else have that
> problem or is it unique to my game?

I have had that problem.

> Also does adoption clear the have a baby want? I had one family sim
> that wanted a baby enough the want appeared twice, but I didn't want
> to mess up the career track of his wife. Adoption didn't clear his
> want, even though he made the call- he was at work when the baby was
> delivered though, if that makes a difference.

I can't remember if it does. I don't think so. It will fill the get a
grandchild want though andadopted children count towards the have ten kids
thingie.

Gareeth

Nancy Scott wrote:

> My fortune sims keep wanting to buy a fountain worth more than 600
> simoleons. However even if you do, buy either of the fountains in
> sculpture, it doesn't clear the want. Does anyone else have that problem or
> is it unique to my game?

I had this with the fruit punch barrel yesterday. I sold it and
rebought it and that got the result

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Sell it again and rebuy it - if nothing else you'll boost his aspiration
meter.

Best wishes
Maxon

Maxon wrote:
> Sell it again and rebuy it - if nothing else you'll boost his
> aspiration meter.

It doesn't work. I ahd this exact problem and you don't get any boost for
the aspiration meter at all no matter how many times you try.

Gareeth

OK - well that sounds like a corruption of some sort because I've bought and
sold many times. Can you change wants with SimPE?

Best wishes
Maxon

> Maxon wrote:
> > Sell it again and rebuy it - if nothing else you'll boost his
> > aspiration meter.
> >
> It doesn't work. I ahd this exact problem and you don't get any boost for
> the aspiration meter at all no matter how many times you try.
>
> Gareeth

I've seen the fountain problem. I just assumed it was another programming
bug. The fountain also doesn't clear a statue want either, even though they
are found in the statuary section. They are obviously not sending out
whatever message is used to catch want purchases.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM