Are the 120mm Noctua fans really worth it?

cronos177

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
I am considering silencing my pc by having some new fans. I see that Noctua are one of the most respectable brands. I was wondering does anyone have experience with those fans? Are they really worth the $25 they cost? How does the actual Noise/CMF compare to cheaper decent brands? Is it noticeable the difference in noise from the PC, or should I go with a cheaper fan? Thanks In advance!

Solution
Noctua fans are very good but overpriced imo.
Scythe and Thermalright make fans just as good if not better and are half the price.

Electrolight

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012

You don't buy this fan for one build... They are quality fans that are built to last. You buy these fans to follow your cases for 10+ years all while always maintaining the most silent of fans... Sure they cost 25$ but they come with a 6 year manufacturers warranty.

And no they do not quit working after that... Your car comes with a 2-3 year warranty... does it quit working after that?

GeoffroAU

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
They are worth it, by a mile. Sure, they are overkill but overkill means your CPU lifespan is increased dramatically. I spent $190 on my CPU and $100 on a noctua nh-d14 cooler, and I don't think ive ever been happier with a purchase. From stock to the new cooler, my idle times went from 30x to under 5c, and under load it went from stock 60c to 30c under load. Yes they are more expensive but besides the 40,000 hour rating on the fans, the thing COOLS YOUR CPU LIKE NOTHING ELSE! :)