Gigabyte DS3L wont OC or QFlash??

indigoataxia

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
I have a Gigabyte DS3L Rev. 2 with F7 Bios and recently my overclock has stopped showing up in CPU-Z and I cant seem to get it back. It still shows up in BIOS (see pic below) but will not register in Windows. I tried loading optimized defaults and redid the OC to make sure something wasnt checked on or off by accident but to no avail. I read a suggestion to flash the bios to the newest, which is F9, and I tried using the Qflash utility and it wont read the USB Drive. It reads it during POST but not when trying to load through Qflash (see pic below). So I cannot get my OC back and I cant update the BIOS and im out of idea's.

Ive tried changing the FSB, changing the mulitplier and the voltage but it ALWAYS shows the stock 9x200 or 6x200 with speed step. Ive tried disabling speed step; makes no difference. My loads temps with the OC was 56C so its not overheating the system. Ive tried both the F9 and F8 BIOS straight from the Gigabyte website and neither show up. Im afraid to try @BIOS after hearing nightmare stories. My USB is formated to FAT32 like specified and its a Sandisk Cruzer 4GB so not some off brand flash drive.

I'd hate to be stuck with a crappy 1.8ghz E2160 when im used to 2.8ghz. Id love some more suggestions.

screenshotmf.jpg

1203092346.jpg

1203092347.jpg

indigoataxia

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008

I wasnt running the newest versions so I downloaded Core Temp 0.99.5 and CPU-Z 1.52.2 and they still show 9*200 at 1800ghz. I tried formating FAT16 and still didnt register in Qflash. When extracting 2 files get extracted, "FLASHSPI" and "P35DS3L.F9". I tried with just the p35ds3.f9 and with both and neither work.

Should I try pulling the CMOS and just resetting everything?

bilbat

Splendid
Your problem is the cruzer; I have been trying to put together a tutorial on making a bootable USB stick, for flashing etc., but have been stymied by both of the sticks I've tried 'disagreeing' with GB's USB implementation - cruzer was one, OCZ's diesels cause same troubles but less severe. Trying to boot with an 'unhappy' USB in will, at best cause CMOS reset, at worst, permanent reboot loops. Only stick I have that works 100% (and for the damned price, it better!) is a HyperX, and it's busy doing ReadyBoost duty - hate to disturb it!

indigoataxia

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
Okay so i tried a few things. First I tried another USB Drive to load F9 bios and when it got to the select drive screen it listed floppy A and floppy B as opposed to floppy a and HDD-1. However both said 0 files found and the bios update didnt work. The most annoying thing is I dont even have a floppy drive! And second i took out the CMOS battery for about an hour and put it back it and it was the same.

EDIT: Haha I forgot to unplug the PSU. After resetting the CMOS settings the OC stuck. Not gonna worry about flashing but problem solved! Thanks for the input

TRENDING THREADS