69ers

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
Hey guys , I'm building a "Oil" Pc but just wondering which should i go for. I'm going Intel because everyone says that it's far more "ahead" then AMD so I'll go with the i7 , But which one hmm... Considering this Computer will be used for Gaming , I gotta consider Video cards , ATi Or nVidia. The GTX275 surprised me a lot. But ATi 4870X2 has been my favorite Video card , so which to go with? *Or any other video card would be nice* I need a mother board / Ram / PSU etc.

also i gotta ask now.

My friend says Mineral Oil sucks when cooling. So which would you recommend? :)

THANK YOU GUYS

*P.S* My budget is 2k Thank guys.

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Putting a 500$ pc in oil is just teeming past to much...putting 2k in oil with the chance you could f up and lose several hundred dollars...considering how often you will have to change the oil etc....the difference in temps just don't out weigh the chance of loss and time taken to make sure nothing can go wrong...

Get a well cooled case and call it a day....but if you go ahead with this il gladly laugh at you when something fudges up and you come here to ask why...

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
Well, I would say for the 4870X2 you'd need some good cooling, but I'm pretty sure you've got it down pat!

I was considering going down that road myself, but then I realized how often I actually open my computer to change things around and such, and that the oil would damper future plans of doing such.

I would have to say either Quaker State 10-40w or canola oil. Either way you can't miss. If you need to add a quart of oil to your car...well you just go to the PC, or with the canola oil you can cook with it and it's low on fat which means good for the arteries. But if your Italian, Greek, Portuguese , Spanish, or Mediterranean I would def. go for the extgra virgin olive oil.

Unfortunately newegg is out of stock on these products, but Walmart would be a sure bet.

69ers

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
lulz , the main reason is that my cousin has one and he told me it's a one time thing. so that's the main reason and no dust? awesome. I was going to go with watercooling but i thought OC a i7 now? I doubt it. :)

but yeah thanks though for ur positive insight lol