Hot Swap

Speed2

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
It's bin a pain. I have a Maximus II Formula MB. Marvel Raid controller is installed. Achi is enabled. No Raid. I have 3 Hot Swap bays. Running Windows 7 pro 64bit. I'm using a couple of 2.5" for testing. If I plug one in on boot, all works fine, I can safely remove it and plug it back in, switch the drive, whatever I want. Here's the catch. If i boot without having the Hot Swap drive connected and then try to connect it, it freezes my system. I'm hoping that there's a way to fix this.

Thanks in advance

Claudius

tecmo34

Administrator
check your boot sequence in your BIOS.

I would imagine you have the hot swap drive as first boot, so make sure your normal drive is second boot. It may take a little longer to boot but should boot from the device once it can't find the first drive.

Speed2

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011

Interesting idea. For that to work, it would need to see the Drive in the Bios. I tried it but it won't allow me to Boot any other drives if set to the boot drive. The 2.5 is listed as an IDE drive in bios when connected, the other drives are listed as HDD's. Set the ide as first boot and all i get as 2nd and 3rd choice is Floppy and cdrom.