Sign in with
Your question

ECS RC410-M Asterope-GL8E

Last response: in Motherboards
December 4, 2009 8:04:19 AM

Hi I'm Steve...I'm having HP Compaq Presario SR1732IL...

Base processor:-
*Pentium4 524 (P) HT 3.06 GHz
* 533 MHz front side bus
* Socket 775

Chipset:- ATI Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel Processors.

Motherboard:-
*Manufacturer : ECS
*Motherboard Name : RC410-M
*HP/Compaq motherboard name: Asterope-GL8E.

Since its chipset is ATI Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel Processors is it essential to install ATI Radeon graphics card...?

It has a single PCI EXPRESS X16 slot.

1.Can i use PCI EXPRESS 2.0 graphics card?

2. I need to know which is the best graphics card i could install in my cpu for best visual and graphical performance while playing HD games and HD movies & graphics.

3. Since i have planed to buy a FULL HD (1920 X1080 resolution) "LG M227WA" or "LG M237WA" LCD Monitor cum TV which has "2 HDMI input ports, 1 DVI-D Input(PC), 1 RGB Input (PC), 1 Component Input, 1 RF Antenna input" & etc.....

Tell me a best graphics card with HDMI, DVI-D & several of those ports.

Please reply soon. Im eager to buy it soon.
a b V Motherboard
December 4, 2009 4:26:19 PM

Yes you can use a PCI express 2.0 card in that slot.
You can use an ati card or an Nvidia card. Some folks will say it is better to have an ati card with ati chipset, than nividia graphics with ati chipset. I don't disagree with that.
I don't know about your Power supply so it would be difficult to give a recommendation without knowing what your PSU can supply in watts.

I am going to recommend you look at the ati HD4670 video cards as they have low power requirements and great performance in a low end price range. You can easily find some with the outputs you need.
I recommend using hdmi, although some monitors will not automatically shutdown that way and you must turn them off yourself.

m
l
December 5, 2009 6:07:09 AM

buzznut said:
Yes you can use a PCI express 2.0 card in that slot.
You can use an ati card or an Nvidia card. Some folks will say it is better to have an ati card with ati chipset, than nividia graphics with ati chipset. I don't disagree with that.
I don't know about your Power supply so it would be difficult to give a recommendation without knowing what your PSU can supply in watts.

I am going to recommend you look at the ati HD4670 video cards as they have low power requirements and great performance in a low end price range. You can easily find some with the outputs you need.
I recommend using hdmi, although some monitors will not automatically shutdown that way and you must turn them off yourself.

Thanks for the info.
But how can i know about PSU of my Compaq presario SR1732IL.
Where should i Search it for.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 5, 2009 5:05:25 PM

FYI, there are numerous reports of graphics cards with onboard or integrated HDMI audio controllers not working properly on older ATI RS480/485 (Xpress 200) and Intel 915 motherboards. The graphics function works fine but the HDMI audio controller will not install (or function) properly due to resource conflict, most likely due to a BIOS limitation.

So you may find that a graphics card which has its own HD audio controller for HDMI cannot work on this older motherboard.
m
l
!