X800gt problems

G

I've had this card for couple of years now and had no problems with it until i try to update the drivers. Then normally the screen just goes blank when i try to play any games or i put the card under any "stress". This has been happening for a couple of days now and i'm wondering why it has started to do it so bad now and why not before so much.
I have enough ram
and all the system requirements but i had a guy round today and he said i should buy a new power supply for it coz mine wasn't giving out enough power to run the graphics card properly.
I checked the min power for the x800gt and it is 300w - my power supply gives out a maximum of 300w so is this right? i should get a new power supply?

sturm

Splendid
Try going back to a previous version of the drivers. Newer drivers on old hardware isn't always the best thing. My rule is if the newer driver does not fix or increase performance for YOUR card and your card is currently working just fine, then don't update the driver.

Which driver version are you using?
According to the ATI site they stopped supporting the X800 series in the 9.3 release. So I would suggest following the advice of Stum ; go back to a older driver, rather than replace the PSU.

G

I am using a modified version of a catalyst driver it's 8.231.00

It was installed by the guys at the shop when i bought the graphics card.

It's the only one that works from what i have tried :(