v551 voice dialing

Last response: in Network Providers
February 24, 2005 2:19:13 AM

Anyone with the Mot V551 have trouble using voice dialing? I have tried
and tried to set up, and cannot get it to accept any names. Is this a
handfree only funtion?

More about : v551 voice dialing

February 24, 2005 4:35:04 AM

check to see if you have the numbers stored to the phone or the SIM. If
stored to the SIM, the options for voice tag do not show. If you copy the
numbers you want to the phone you will see voice tag and picture caller id
options.

"No Spam" <JOHNSMITH@EXAMPLE.NET> wrote in message
> Anyone with the Mot V551 have trouble using voice dialing? I have tried
> and tried to set up, and cannot get it to accept any names. Is this a
> handfree only funtion?
February 25, 2005 3:37:38 AM

Multi-syllable names have higher recognition than one syllable.
In other words, phone is more likely to recognize Susan vs. Sue.

or "phone home" vs. "home".

--
Steve
news:o PKdnUHjwa8H6IDfRVn-gw@comcast.com...