v551 voice dialing

Anyone with the Mot V551 have trouble using voice dialing? I have tried
and tried to set up, and cannot get it to accept any names. Is this a
handfree only funtion?
2 answers Last reply
More about v551 voice dialing

    check to see if you have the numbers stored to the phone or the SIM. If
    stored to the SIM, the options for voice tag do not show. If you copy the
    numbers you want to the phone you will see voice tag and picture caller id
    options.

    "No Spam" <JOHNSMITH@EXAMPLE.NET> wrote in message
    > Anyone with the Mot V551 have trouble using voice dialing? I have tried
    > and tried to set up, and cannot get it to accept any names. Is this a
    > handfree only funtion?

    Multi-syllable names have higher recognition than one syllable.
    In other words, phone is more likely to recognize Susan vs. Sue.

    or "phone home" vs. "home".

    --
    Steve
    "jim" <jlange50@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > check to see if you have the numbers stored to the phone or the SIM. If
    > stored to the SIM, the options for voice tag do not show. If you copy the
    > numbers you want to the phone you will see voice tag and picture caller id
    > options.
    >

    > "No Spam" <JOHNSMITH@EXAMPLE.NET> wrote in message
    >> Anyone with the Mot V551 have trouble using voice dialing? I have tried
    >> and tried to set up, and cannot get it to accept any names. Is this a
    >> handfree only funtion?

Cingular Internet Service Providers