hieros

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I recently bought a Xigmatek Gaia with an extra XSF-f1251 fan to do some push/pull. I had the fan that came with the cooler plugged into the CPU_FAN and the F1251 plugged into the CASE_FAN pins on my P8H67 LX micro board. The stock heatsink fan runs at 1500 rpm and the F1251 runs at 1900. The problem i have is that when i change the fan settings, in either the BIOS at bootup or with the included AI suite, nothing happens. The fans are always running at 100% regardless of what setting i put them on (including OFF). My rig runs at 25C idle so i would really love to be able to turn them down.

If the fans arent PWM its not a big deal, as i need to get a new fan for my side exhaust port so any suggestions on new fans that have worked well for anyone else would be a great help.

Solution
Yep neither fan is PWM! personally i wouldn't worry about it.
My cooler has two identical non-pwm fans with different rpm readings since one is in cpu_fan and the other is not.
I'm not going to change them since temps are great and they are dead quiet 20db.
Yep neither fan is PWM! personally i wouldn't worry about it.
My cooler has two identical non-pwm fans with different rpm readings since one is in cpu_fan and the other is not.
I'm not going to change them since temps are great and they are dead quiet 20db.

Solution