Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to configure the RAM latency after overlocking the processor..

Last response: in Overclocking
May 22, 2011 7:49:17 AM

Tomorrow my processor (Dual Core e5700) will arrived. Its very cheap (promotion) and I know overclocking it can increase the perfomance. Its 3.0Ghz and I want to overclock it to 3.6/3.7 something like that. I saw/read many testimonials about overclocking the Dual Core e5700 to 3.6Ghz (very stable). I know how to overclock processor but I really DO NOT know how to configure the RAM latency/timings so it will compatible with my processor. For example, I dont understand what is the meaning of 5-5-5-14, 4-2-5-5-2 something like that.

Or am I wrong? Teach me even "a little".
a b K Overclocking
May 22, 2011 1:17:18 PM

You don't need to change ram timings to overclock your processor, unless they are detected incorrectly in bios.

If your memory is rated 5-5-5-14, then that's what it should be set to in the bios.

Just make sure the voltage is set to the rating for the ram. Some s775 mobo's default to 1.8v, and if you have 2.1v memory, it won't even work, so you have to raise it to 2.1v.
m
l

Best solution

a c 197 K Overclocking
May 23, 2011 12:30:29 PM

Basic article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_timings
Lower number are faster.

What kind of motherboard do you have? Many motherboards have a locked BIOS and cannot be overclocked.

Memory settings? Except for voltage , if necessary; leave them alone.

Core2 CPU's are relatively insensitive to RAM timing.
June 5, 2011 4:50:36 AM

Best answer selected by maxson.
m
l
!