jisgore

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Hello all. I just bought a geforce 8400gs so i could hybrid sli with the geforce 8200 motherboard.

Everything seems ok. I get the Hybrid SLI icon on the tray.

However i was testing with Call of Duty 2 is the only game i have now and with the boost performance enabled i get a lot of things on my screen, like text and odd textures. But if i change to the Additional display option on the hybrid options and run the game, it run awesome.

Also another thing i noticed is that either option i choose, Boost Performance or Additional display on the hybrid options i end up with the same ammount of video memory 2gb.

Can someone give some info about this. I was looking but didnt find anything regarding this.

Thank you.

meodowla

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Inorder to get decent Hybrid Boost, 512MB of system memory should be provided to 8200/8300 chipset. Also download Hybrid SLi driver for Windows Vista from your motherboard manufacturers website.

jisgore

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Thanks.

I have 4gb of ram. Also the videocard is 512mb.

I just tested the Game Prototype and with the Hybrid SLI enabled is was cool to play everything looks fine but for my surprise i tested it with the geforce alno without the boost and it was running smoother...Any ideas why is this or is just that Hybrid SLI is really unstable?

Thanks