Sign in with
Your question

Do I need ACC?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 4, 2009 8:33:10 PM

Hey everyone. My pci-e slot shorted out on my motherboard the other day, and now I have to buy a new one.

Seeing as how it's around Christmas time, my budget is very small, $70 being the most I can spend.

I also can't afford to upgrade my cpu at this time, which is a 4400+, so I have to stick with an am2, am2+, am3 type board. I don't have this cpu overclocked and I don't plan to, but I do plan upgrading it after the holidays, probably to an athlon II x4 620, which I do plan to overclock.

What I want to know is if I really need ACC or not, because I can find a few mbs with SB700 in my budget.

More about : acc

a b V Motherboard
December 4, 2009 10:13:22 PM

Nope.
m
l
January 1, 2010 4:05:47 AM

I got my PCIe slot working. It turns out I had accidentally changed something in the BIOS so I just cleared the CMOS and reseated the memory and it worked. Stupid me I know. I didn't want to start a new thread for what is essentially the same question.

I found 2 motherboards within my budget ($75):

MSI 785GTM-E45

and,

ASRock A780GXE,

and I wanted to know which one would be best to choose.
Is the 785G/710 that much better than the 780G/700, and if I planned to overclock, would I have an easier time with one than the other?

I like the ASRock because it has crossfire, but I'm not too sure I'd use it all that much. The main thing that puts me off on the MSI is it only has 2 memory slots. Other than that, the plan is the same as before escept I plan to get a x3 435 instead of a x4 620 and I don't plan to unlock.

So what do you guys think?

m
l
!