HIGH END CADD Workstation

MongooseST3

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
I am looking for a HIGH end CAD workstation with the ability to operate AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit and 3D Studio(Rendering) on a project, SIMULTANEOUSLY. I am also just starting out in Design consulting and need to be budget conscience that is why I would like to assemble my own . I have done asembly of Workstations in the past( 1999). But things have changed in 10years and I would like to get a parts list of what you can suggest and a location where I can purchase everything. This thing needs to be extremely fast and multi tasking so I am open to suggestion.

Motherboard would have to expandable in for RAM and be the best. Fastest Xeon or similair chips dual processor 4 cores each.
It would have to support the NVIDIA FX5800 Card. It would have to be in a good case with quiet cooling, additional sound insulation, both on harddrives and case, good reliable power supply and the hard drives are server quality and FAST Velociraptor 300gb, in RAID 1 config for optimum data safety. Cooling on the CPU's. I have a configuration based on what I have been able to find out that you could work off of.

WINDOWS XP-PROFESSIONAL X64 BIT VERSION RE-INSTALLATION CD FOR THE O.S. AS WELL.
* DUAL INTEL XEON QUAD CORE CPU: X5482 or better (3.0GHZ,12MB,1600MHZ) Is the Nepthalon better?
* 32GB 800MHZ MEMORY (mInimum)
* DUAL 300GB WESTERN DIGITAL VELOCIRAPTOR ( 10K RPM) 16MB CACHE CONFIGURE HDD SET TO RAID 1 MIRROR
* DVD+/-RW OPTICAL DRIVE (SATA) THAT IS DUAL-LAYER-CAPABLE
* DVD-ROM OPTICAL (SATA) DRIVE
* INTERNAL MEDIA CARD READER

MongooseST3

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
I notice that the processor is gauged by GT/sec. How does that compare to say an X5472 with 12 mb cache at 1600mhz? Is the RAM specified fast and compatible with the MB? In so far as cooling is concerned will the processor coolers and other fasn rasie the noise level. I see the case is sinsulated for sound. Is there a better case?

Thanks