sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
My dad just baught a computer from dell and im wondering if the specs are decent for gaming.

i7 920
Motherboard XPS 435t (im not sure though, the paper with the specs is weird)
6gig 1066mhz ram
Soundblaster x-fi xtreme audio
hd 4350 512mb
vista home premium 64 bit
16x dvd rom
750gig hard drive
dell a525 30 watt 2.1 audio (what does that mean? does it support dolby 7.1?)

I cant find any good articles on the 4350 and i dont know very much about computers. So can this card run games like crysis, empire total war, and world in conflict on 720p with high settings and decent frame rates? Could someone post a link to some charts or something testing the card on these games?

Thanks!

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Ok i looked up some videos on youtube and i saw that this card can run crysis on high settings and med shadows with decent frame rates 20- 30 i think though it didnt say res.
There were other vids by the same guy playing gta 4 with med settings with around 30fps. So how is this card not good for gaming when it can do this? Also the guys systems cpu wasnt as good as mine and i also have more ram. Also i cant replace the card since it would void the warranty =(. I dont really know what to think about the card... you guys say it sucks bad but youtube says its not horrible like you say it is. I wish a could change the card but he just confirmed the purchase today with dell and it will ship in a week or so. But if youtube is correct then the HD 4350 512mb isnt horrible. Could you guys post a link to some sites showing frame rates? Oh yah id also like to mention this will be the first computer my familys had since 2003. Were upgrading from p4 3.2, 1g ram, and x300 128mb card. Somehow that card would run crysis, though on low at 800 600 lol. Thanks for your replies so far!

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009

cant, would void warranty =(

G

Google 4350 reviews and you will soon see that this is only for casual light gaming, the rest of the system is good to go but not the 4350, it is the baby of the Ati line up!

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
Horrible for gaming! Call dell and ask them if its okay to add a new graphic card or if they can put one in for you to keep warranty. To tell you the truth i don't think they would know even if you open the case and put a card in yourself. Just remember to take the card out when you send the unit in.

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Really it wouldn't void the warranty by replacing the card!? I was sure it would! Hmm I will have to talk with my dad though, its his computer. Dell might not reaplace the card since the computer was purchased yeasterday and is currently being made, but if dell doesnt let us replace the card im not so sure my dad will let me open up the case and put a new card in. He doesnt like messing with computers period lol. But if we do end up with the 4350 i hope it can at least RUN crysis and empire total war. I bet i could put them on medium at 720p but i dont know =/. T

Thanks for the replies so far!

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
k thanks, looks like were getting the 4350. I tried argueing but it didnt work. Maybe we will replace it in the future some time. Ive seen some videos on youtube, all by the same guy, and it shows him playing crysis and warhead with vhigh setting at 720p so maybe there is still hope for it. Though the framerate wasnt all that great, probly 15 to 30(at most). Thanks for your replies!