Sign in with
Your question

EX58-UD3R Missing Ram

Last response: in Motherboards
December 4, 2009 10:35:28 PM

I have the 1.6 revision of the board mentioned in the title and for some reason the bios only shows that 1 gig is in the system when it really has 3. The ram is supported I ordered it based on the pdf file that is on the gigbyte website. The ram in question is 3x 1gb of Kingston KVR1333D3N9/1G.

In the bios it says base memory 640k and physical memory 1024 (which is a gig) but its grayed out so you can't edit it or do anything to see what going on with your ram.

Windows seems to recognize the 3 gigs as installed but can only use 1. It says something like "Installed Memory (RAM) 3.00Gb (1.00 usable)" I have seen people mention something called memory remapping, but this motherboard doesn't seem to have that feature or at least I can't find it. The bios i'm using is the latest one I think (EX58UD3R.FD7).

anybody have this issue and fixed it? If so how did you go about it? Thanks in advance for the help

P.S. I tried all the ram individually in all the slots, different combination of 2 and 3 stick in different slots, still the same, so its not an issue with bad ram or a bad dimm or 2

More about : ex58 ud3r missing ram

December 5, 2009 12:09:20 AM

That's not it. If it was a bent pin that wasn't allowing the ram to be read then windows wouldn't see it either. As it stands, the bios only sees 1 gig but the OS sees 3 but only has access to one. Installed Memory (RAM) 3.00Gb (1.00 usable) is what it says. If the pins were bent then windows wouldn't see the ram either.
m
l
Related resources
a b } Memory
a c 177 V Motherboard
December 5, 2009 12:59:11 AM

Ahh - seen this once before - open msconfig - go to 'boot' tab, click on 'advanced options', check 'Maximum memory' checkbox, & make sure the proper total comes up - if not, set manually, & reboot...
m
l
December 5, 2009 2:03:01 AM

That's not the issue. Did that, and it says system memory 3072 mb (3 gigs). This is a MB or bios issue. windows 7 ultimate 64bit sees 3 gigs of ram which confirms what I see what my own eyes. Its the MB or the bios that does not see it. again this is the 1.6 revision of the EX58-UD3R with bios FD7.

The bios only reports 1024 physical memory. Again this is not a OS issue as windows see 3 gig, but is only able to use 1. Also the ram is supported because I bought it specifically because its on the pdf from the gigabyte website. Any idea why the bios is acting like that?
m
l
December 5, 2009 8:50:57 AM

Nobody yet??
m
l
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
December 5, 2009 9:49:59 AM

Update the BIOS to the latest version available. If that does not work, RMA the MB.
m
l
December 6, 2009 9:24:41 AM

@billbat you were right I was sure that wasn't the issue but after your post i decided to take out the cpu and take a look and sure enough that was the issue. Thanks for the help. But they looked pretty badly bent and dont have magnifying glass so i decided to RMA and start over.
m
l
!