Sign in with
Your question

XP facebook keyboard problems

Last response: in Windows XP
November 18, 2011 6:47:16 PM

My Keyboard will not work on facebook at all. It is a company Laptop, thus I do not have admin rights. My company recently installed Explorer 8, could this be a the problem?
The keyboard works fine on any other program. I have a Lenovo T410 laptop, could I have accidentally pressed a button that could have caused this?
Regards
Karen
a b D Laptop
November 18, 2011 6:57:19 PM

Karen_95 said:
My Keyboard will not work on facebook at all. It is a company Laptop, thus I do not have admin rights. My company recently installed Explorer 8, could this be a the problem?
The keyboard works fine on any other program. I have a Lenovo T410 laptop, could I have accidentally pressed a button that could have caused this?
Regards
Karen

Facebook is a problem in itself. What is it you are doing that kb doesn't work ?
m
l
November 22, 2011 11:14:24 AM

We have the same problem with Facebook. This started sometime around the end of November. We use Windows XP. Suddenly we cannot type in Facebook without hitting the keys 7 or 8 times. I have found two others besides Karen with same problem, I believe it may be the result of an automatic update Windows sent down? We were out of town until Nov 7th and it was like this when we returned. No issues typing in any other program.
m
l
Related resources
November 25, 2011 3:36:53 PM

Candy3196 said:
We have the same problem with Facebook. This started sometime around the end of November. We use Windows XP. Suddenly we cannot type in Facebook without hitting the keys 7 or 8 times. I have found two others besides Karen with same problem, I believe it may be the result of an automatic update Windows sent down? We were out of town until Nov 7th and it was like this when we returned. No issues typing in any other program.

I'm having the same problem. Are you still having the same problem? Get it fixed yet?
m
l
a b D Laptop
November 25, 2011 5:40:27 PM

Karen_95 said:
Regards
Karen

If using IE, try a different Browser. But the fact remains, it only happens on facebook, so also check all your account settings on FB.
m
l
a b D Laptop
November 25, 2011 5:41:30 PM

Candy3196 said:

Change browser
m
l
November 26, 2011 2:14:12 PM

ksiemb said:
If using IE, try a different Browser. But the fact remains, it only happens on facebook, so also check all your account settings on FB.

I am having the same problem, since the same time - mid-end of november. Why does switching the browser "work"? I have not tried it yet, but what will it change?
m
l
November 26, 2011 2:25:16 PM

I switched to Firefox and I have no problems typing in facebook anymore.
m
l
a b D Laptop
November 26, 2011 8:46:39 PM

meggan2375 said:
I switched to Firefox and I have no problems typing in facebook anymore.

Good for you Meggan 2375. Maybe the other OP will wise up !

IE 8, 9 have no comparison to firefox !

Happy Sufin !
m
l
!