thegatekeeper

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Hi guys, i have this really wierd problem where my computer wont boot after i change the overclock settings from Auto to Manual. It gives a bsod with the keyword "ha20x2k.sys".

Does anyone know what is up with this?

G

ha20x2k.sys is part of the driver set for a Soundblaster X-Fi. See if you have the most up-to-date driver for your sound card, if not, update it and see if that fixes the problem. Is your X-Fi a PCI or PCI Express version? When you overclock, make sure your PCI frequencies don't get overclocked as well. You may have to set them manually instead of using Auto. PCI frequency defaults to 33Mhz, PCI Express defaults to 100MHz.

Is this a commodore 64 or 128? :heink:

Nobody could answer your question without knowing what your computers components are and the settings your using to overclock.

thegatekeeper

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Sorry for the lack of info!

Im using Windows 7 64 bit, overclocking my AMD 260 from 2.6 to just 2.8. PCIe frequency i locked at 100 HMz. I do have the latest drivers, i dont know why this was happening. Now my computer boots just fine.

Hehe my computer is driving me crazy.

G

I have seen that a few times, sometimes caused by an unstable overclock but usually caused by the motherboard setting the pci value just slightly above spec. I, too, had a fussy X-Fi, is why I asked you if you had the PCI or PCI-Express version. Bus timings are critical to the X-Fi and it can be fussy if it isn't exactly where it wants it to be.