What do you think about this specs ?

TomiTom

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Hi everyone.

I am going to build a new PC, and I really need your opinions and advices to complete my building correctly.

This are my suggested specs :

MoBo : Asus M4A79T DELUXE Socket AM3 ATX AMD 790FX
cpu : AMD Phenom II X4 955 4x 3.20GHz
PSU : CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX
Mem : OCZ Reaper Heatpipe 4GB (2x2GB) 1333MHz DDR3 OR Corsair XMS3 DHX Memory - 4 GB (2x2GB) OR OCZ Platinum DIMM Kit
4GB PC3-10667U (DDR3-1333)
GFX : SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 1GB GDDR5
Case: ANTEC Nine Hundred Two

Still don't know which HDD should I buy for my MoBo, anyone suggests a good HDD that is supported well with this MoBo ?

Any of this three RAMs will be supported by the MoBo too ? And which one is the best for it? Or do you recommend other one ?

Is the PSU with 750 w too much and I better replace it with a 550 w or leave this one ?

What about the Case? Is it good or do you recommend me better one ?

I need everyone's suggestion on this pieces please, and I appreciate any comment.

regards,
Thomas.

750w allows you to Crossfire later on, if you don't plan on going with dual cards later on then go with a decent 550w psu. The case you have chosen is great for dual vid cards, but if you don't plan on going with two cards later on look at the Antec 900. It's smaller and cheaper.

For the HD you would want the WD 640 32mb cache Black. It's fast and reliable. For memory...no idea when it comes to these 2x2 DDR3 kits. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on that memory see's this thread and post on it.

TomiTom

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Thank you Why_Me for your reply , I appreciate it.
Is this the HDD you mean http://www.mylemon.at/artikel,nr,150353,WESTERN,DIGITAL_WD_Caviar_Black_640GB_HDD.htm ?

And I am not sure about buying another gfx card for a crossfire, at least not now.. Maybe some months later or a year, then it is better to keep this case and the PSU that I mentioned for a crossfire option.

Thanks again, and I am waiting for a suggestion about a compatible RAM with the MoBo.

That's the HD :)

TomiTom

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Thanks alot for your reply.

I searched more for some Cases, and I liked this one Thermaltake Tai-chi http://www.tt-germany.com/product_info.aspx?PARENT_CID=C_00000084&id=C_00000086&name=Tai-chi+with+LCS&ovid=

Is it any good in term cooling ? I know that Antec 900 two is good with cooling, but I don'tlike the way it looks, I like more cases with front doors and good design, and that's what I found in Thermaltake Tai-chi.. Any more advice ? Or other suggestion ? I will be very thankfull.