Sign in with
Your question

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 Paging

Last response: in Storage
February 23, 2011 11:22:09 AM

Right i keep getting this bluescreen error, but it cannot be the HD ive only had it for 4 months, or could it be? :pt1cable: 
February 23, 2011 12:33:48 PM

rzr09 said:
Right i keep getting this bluescreen error, but it cannot be the HD ive only had it for 4 months, or could it be? :pt1cable: 

It's perfectly possible for a new drive to fail. As it says "Harddisk2", it means the 3rd HDD (starting from 0). It could also mean 3rd partition, not sure about that. Do you have more than one hard disk?
February 23, 2011 2:21:02 PM

drevin said:
It's perfectly possible for a new drive to fail. As it says "Harddisk2", it means the 3rd HDD (starting from 0). It could also mean 3rd partition, not sure about that. Do you have more than one hard disk?

I have to 3 HD all together 2internal 1 external how could i find the numbers so i would know wich is failing :) 

EDIT: could it be my external one then ?
Related resources
February 23, 2011 2:35:55 PM

I'm not completely sure, but it would make sense that Windows would treat the external drive as the last one. Probably SATA/IDE drives first, then external ones.
February 23, 2011 2:37:21 PM

drevin said:
I'm not completely sure, but it would make sense that Windows would treat the external drive as the last one. Probably SATA/IDE drives first, then external ones.

Ok D.C my external one, going to See how things go cheers bud!
February 23, 2011 2:47:41 PM

I think Windows Disk Management may show you which one of your drives is actually HardDisk2.
February 23, 2011 3:00:34 PM

drevin said:
I think Windows Disk Management may show you which one of your drives is actually HardDisk2.

Yup it was my External that was causing the prob :)  checked with disk management
!