Break up--something different?

I was playing in a house tonight when I had a different kind of breakup.
Every other time I've seen a couple break up, one Sim leaves.

This house has seven people, all roomies. Two women became engaged,
even though they'd often fought. After they became engaged I noticed
they still had a breakup option, so I thought it would be amusing to see
what would happen if I immediately broke them up. They broke up, but no
one left. They're both still living with the other five.

Is this because they were only engaged (don't think I've ever broken up
an engagement before, only marriages) or because they're not a nuclear
family (seven roomies), or what?

Anybody know?

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> I was playing in a house tonight when I had a different kind of
> breakup. Every other time I've seen a couple break up, one Sim
> leaves.
> This house has seven people, all roomies. Two women became engaged,
> even though they'd often fought. After they became engaged I noticed
> they still had a breakup option, so I thought it would be amusing to
> see what would happen if I immediately broke them up. They broke up,
> but no one left. They're both still living with the other five.
>
> Is this because they were only engaged (don't think I've ever broken
> up an engagement before, only marriages) or because they're not a
> nuclear family (seven roomies), or what?

No real idea how the game decides this stuff. It could just be a glitch. I
had Mary Sue Pleasant stay on after she broke up with Daniel. They were
married and living in an extended family type arrangements with grown
children and grandkids at home. The wedding rings went away and of course
they wouldn't sleep togethter although Daniel still wanted to. I had to
renovate the house to make Mary Sue a room.

Gareeth

Gareeth wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>>I was playing in a house tonight when I had a different kind of
>> breakup. Every other time I've seen a couple break up, one Sim
>>leaves.
>>This house has seven people, all roomies. Two women became engaged,
>>even though they'd often fought. After they became engaged I noticed
>>they still had a breakup option, so I thought it would be amusing to
>>see what would happen if I immediately broke them up. They broke up,
>>but no one left. They're both still living with the other five.
>>
>>Is this because they were only engaged (don't think I've ever broken
>>up an engagement before, only marriages) or because they're not a
>>nuclear family (seven roomies), or what?
>>

> No real idea how the game decides this stuff. It could just be a glitch. I
> had Mary Sue Pleasant stay on after she broke up with Daniel. They were
> married and living in an extended family type arrangements with grown
> children and grandkids at home. The wedding rings went away and of course
> they wouldn't sleep togethter although Daniel still wanted to. I had to
> renovate the house to make Mary Sue a room.

Interesting.

I realized later it couldn't be because this isn't a nuclear family, as
I remembered breaking up another non-nuclear family and someone left.

I wish actually that there was a sub-pie menu, under "Break Up": Break
Up And Stay, and Break Up And Leave. Sometimes people stay together
even after they break up.

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Gareeth wrote:
>> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>>
>>> I was playing in a house tonight when I had a different kind of
>>> breakup. Every other time I've seen a couple break up, one Sim
>>> leaves.
>>> This house has seven people, all roomies. Two women became engaged,
>>> even though they'd often fought. After they became engaged I
>>> noticed they still had a breakup option, so I thought it would be
>>> amusing to see what would happen if I immediately broke them up.
>>> They broke up, but no one left. They're both still living with the
>>> other five.
>>>
>>> Is this because they were only engaged (don't think I've ever broken
>>> up an engagement before, only marriages) or because they're not a
>>> nuclear family (seven roomies), or what?
>>>

>> No real idea how the game decides this stuff. It could just be a
>> glitch. I had Mary Sue Pleasant stay on after she broke up with
>> Daniel. They were married and living in an extended family type
>> arrangements with grown children and grandkids at home. The wedding
>> rings went away and of course they wouldn't sleep togethter although
>> Daniel still wanted to. I had to renovate the house to make Mary Sue
>> a room.
>
> Interesting.
>
> I realized later it couldn't be because this isn't a nuclear family,
> as I remembered breaking up another non-nuclear family and someone
> left.
>
> I wish actually that there was a sub-pie menu, under "Break Up": Break
> Up And Stay, and Break Up And Leave. Sometimes people stay together
> even after they break up.

Do you have University? If so, even if they leave, you can put them right
back into the same household again.

Jeanie

Jeanie wrote:

> Do you have University? If so, even if they leave, you can put them right
> back into the same household again.

Nope. Getting it next month. My spending on Amazon.com is already big
enough for this month.

--
--Cuth