boot password to xp

Dear All,

kindly help me how to put boot password to windows xp. Not the bios or cmos
password it should be boot password which will be asked when i wll boot in
windows xp. and even it should not be user login password. i have seen this
in one pc but dont know how to put it. plz help me

Thanx

Deepak
2 answers Last reply
More about boot password

    There is a BIOS password, followed by the Windows logon password,
    there is nothing else.
    You may be describing a 3rd party application.
    Can you describe exactly when you see it and exactly what it looks
    like?

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Deepak J" <deepakabcd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > kindly help me how to put boot password to windows xp. Not the bios
    or cmos
    > password it should be boot password which will be asked when i wll
    boot in
    > windows xp. and even it should not be user login password. i have
    seen this
    > in one pc but dont know how to put it. plz help me
    >
    > Thanx
    >
    > Deepak

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:36:24 -0600, Jupiter Jones [MVP] scratched out the
    following:

    > There is a BIOS password, followed by the Windows logon password, there is
    > nothing else.
    > You may be describing a 3rd party application. Can you describe exactly
    > when you see it and exactly what it looks like?

    I think he wants to install an XP password. You can use XP with or without
    one, and he probably has his system set for no logon. You can set XP up
    either way if there is only a single user.

Configuration Boot Windows XP