Saving data

Last response: in Video Games
May 23, 2005 6:31:02 PM

Hi all,

When i save all the data and burn it to a dvd,do i have to save everything
that's with the Sims2 and Uni or just
The Sims 2? I've lost everything about a month ago(hard drive and all)so,i
want to save everything there is to save.By the way,how come i can only have
4 guests at parties and i could have 8 before? I have the patch.I don't get
it.
Thanks

More about : saving data

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 2:15:15 AM

claire veilleux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When i save all the data and burn it to a dvd,do i have to save
> everything that's with the Sims2 and Uni or just
> The Sims 2? I've lost everything about a month ago(hard drive and
> all)so,i want to save everything there is to save.By the way,how come
> i can only have 4 guests at parties and i could have 8 before? I have
> the patch.I don't get it.
> Thanks

I think you just save your downloads and the neighborhood folders. They
contain all the data and characters you have in your game. I always save my
SavedSims folder, too, to save the ones I made in Body Shop that I haven't
put into the game yet.

As for the party guests, go to the neighborhood screen, open the cheat
window and type "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 8" (without the quotes) and
you can change that number to be anything you want it to be, as many as your
computer will handle. Then, when you go back to the house and throw the
party, you'll be able to invite as many people as you want.

Jeanie
May 24, 2005 2:56:23 AM

> claire veilleux wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When i save all the data and burn it to a dvd,do i have to save
>> everything that's with the Sims2 and Uni or just
>> The Sims 2? I've lost everything about a month ago(hard drive and
>> all)so,i want to save everything there is to save.By the way,how come
>> i can only have 4 guests at parties and i could have 8 before? I have
>> the patch.I don't get it.
>> Thanks
>
> I think you just save your downloads and the neighborhood folders. They
> contain all the data and characters you have in your game. I always save
> my
> SavedSims folder, too, to save the ones I made in Body Shop that I haven't
> put into the game yet.

I've saved some sims in SavedSims folder but I don't know how to get them
into the game. IF I've gotten them to go _somewhere_ it's not in the Bin. I
don't know Where they are and the Numbers tell me NOTHING.
Sage

> As for the party guests, go to the neighborhood screen, open the cheat
> window and type "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 8" (without the quotes) and
> you can change that number to be anything you want it to be, as many as
> your
> computer will handle. Then, when you go back to the house and throw the
> party, you'll be able to invite as many people as you want.
>
> Jeanie

May 24, 2005 5:12:33 AM

Sage wrote:
> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> claire veilleux wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> When i save all the data and burn it to a dvd,do i have to save
>>> everything that's with the Sims2 and Uni or just
>>> The Sims 2? I've lost everything about a month ago(hard drive and
>>> all)so,i want to save everything there is to save.By the way,how
>>> come i can only have 4 guests at parties and i could have 8 before?
>>> I have the patch.I don't get it.
>>> Thanks
>>
>> I think you just save your downloads and the neighborhood folders.
>> They contain all the data and characters you have in your game. I
>> always save my
>> SavedSims folder, too, to save the ones I made in Body Shop that I
>> haven't put into the game yet.
>
> I've saved some sims in SavedSims folder but I don't know how to get
> them into the game. IF I've gotten them to go _somewhere_ it's not in
> the Bin. I don't know Where they are and the Numbers tell me NOTHING.
> Sage

Start your game and go into the CAS part. Maxis will give you an ugly sim
to start with but just to the right, at the top of that menu thingy there
are two buttons. One gives you a random pre-made sim, but the other one
opens all your saved sims for you to choose from. Pick one, dress it for
all occasions, pick an astrological sign and an aspiration and you are in
business.

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 4:51:08 PM

They should be in your game automatically. Stuff imported in Saved Sims
appears in the game without you needing to do anything. If you mean where
do you get them from to put them into a neighbourhood from Bodyshop:

1. Start the game and go into Create a Sim and make a new family.
2. Make a new sim for the family but then select the little button at the
top right of the panel that looks like a little group of people, press it.
3. Select the sim you made in Bodyshop and click ok (selecting that
little-group-of-people button opens up your Saved Sims folders from
Bodyshop).

Best wishes
Maxon

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

> I've saved some sims in SavedSims folder but I don't know how to get them
> into the game. IF I've gotten them to go _somewhere_ it's not in the Bin.
> don't know Where they are and the Numbers tell me NOTHING.
> Sage

May 25, 2005 12:19:28 AM

> They should be in your game automatically. Stuff imported in Saved Sims
> appears in the game without you needing to do anything. If you mean where
> do you get them from to put them into a neighbourhood from Bodyshop:
>
> 1. Start the game and go into Create a Sim and make a new family.
> 2. Make a new sim for the family but then select the little button at the
> top right of the panel that looks like a little group of people, press it.
> 3. Select the sim you made in Bodyshop and click ok (selecting that
> little-group-of-people button opens up your Saved Sims folders from
> Bodyshop).
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Really!!! So simple but I did NOT know that, I learn something everyday
here! Thanks to Both of you, Jeanie and Maxon, I'm *eternally* grateful...
I'll go now and find my Lost Sims.
Sage

!