Wireless Bridge

tater215

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
In search of a better internet connection in a rural area here is what I want to implement. We live about 1000' off of a state highway. Cable runs down poles along the highway. From the poles to the edge of our property will be about a 400' straight run. Since the 1000' is too far for a coax run I hope to have cable ran the 400' to our property edge. Then from there then attach a cable modem an router with a directional antenna. At our house use a wireless bridge and directional antenna to connect to the before mentioned router. After the bridge I would like to connect via wire to another router in order to distribute the connection to various components in our house (i.e. desktop, laptop and XBOX. Since I have two routers already a Dlink and a Kyocera I would like to use these. I'll probably wind up with Linksys or DLink bridge. Will this hodge podge of manufactureres components be compatible? Will this work assuming I can get a connection with 400' run and persuade our cable company to do this?

Thanks

tater215

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Just as an update ... it seems to work quite well as long as the weather is clear. We are connecting to a linksys router 700' away with a wireless bridge and an external antenna. From the bridge we are wired to a Kyocera router than we can connect to wired and wireless. Its a miracle and pretty easy to set-up.

TRENDING THREADS