Prevent Install software

Hi all,

is any one have idea to prevent install software under windows xp
professional and running in Workgroup model?

The users always infect virus due to they install some unknown software.

KF Thomas SHIU

For this, you need:
a. Prevent them from copying or download files to their machine
b. Prevent running any file not from authorised folders
c. Prevent running files from CD (including autorun).

As you see this is possible but quite restrictive.
--PA

"KF Thomas SHIU" <thomasshiu@gnc.com.hk> wrote in message news:%23KDXsyOXEHA.1496@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
>
> is any one have idea to prevent install software under windows xp
> professional and running in Workgroup model?
>
> The users always infect virus due to they install some unknown software.
>
> KF Thomas SHIU

What is that means - "Prevent running any file not from authorised folders"

If I want to install Ms Office, is it install it in a special folder?
How to authorise a folder to run software? And how to restirct a folder to
run Apps?

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@geeklife.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:eZkrhTSXEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> For this, you need:
> a. Prevent them from copying or download files to their machine
> b. Prevent running any file not from authorised folders
> c. Prevent running files from CD (including autorun).
>
> As you see this is possible but quite restrictive.
> --PA
>
> "KF Thomas SHIU" <thomasshiu@gnc.com.hk> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > is any one have idea to prevent install software under windows xp
> > professional and running in Workgroup model?
> >
> > The users always infect virus due to they install some unknown software.
> >
> > KF Thomas SHIU

Please read about software restriction policies in MSDN,
it's all there.