More of an annoyance

thomaswhite7

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Since I have overclocked my i7 2600k upon the first boot my computer will turn on for about 3 secs shut off & turn on then continue with its normal boot, was wondering if there was a way t stop that. Also my Bois screen shows up then goes to a black screen with text information then goes back to BIOS screen, then text with info on HD's then back to BIOS screen again, then it starts with the normal boot process. Stats are as follows.

Motherboard:
Asus P8 P67 Pro (Newest drivers)

Processor:
i7 2600k (OC'd to 4.85)

Memory:
12g Corsair Vengeance (3x4)

Hard Drive:
Adata S596 Turbo SSD (128)

Graphics Card:
Nvidia Geforce GTS 450 (1g GDDR5)

Power Supply:
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

It is in Antecs Lanboy Air case

This is a common problem (if you search, there are many many many many many many threads on the subject) with Sandy Bridge systems. The only consistent solution is to wait for the board manufacturer to come out with a BIOS that fixes it.

My ASRock board's newest BIOS features description didn't say anything about fixing the problem (it said something about USB code), but it did. For that reason, I recommend updating to the newest BIOS each time they come out with one -- at least until the double-boot problem is fixed. I'd suggest checking for a new BIOS about once a week, as you never know when they'll come out with it.