Sign in with
Your question

I have a flash memory which has been working well for quite some time. Just yest

Last response: in Windows XP
November 19, 2011 8:37:05 AM

I have a flash memory which has been working well for quite some time. Just yesterday it refused to work due to suddenly remove flesh memory from the pc . It was recognized by the computer. I tried using it on another computer but the same message appeared. I also tried autoplay but nothing happened. When I opened the properties of the disk the file system was indicated as.chk file. The data in it is very important and I need to recover it. Please advise.
November 19, 2011 9:04:26 AM

tasneem_07 said:
I have a flash memory which has been working well for quite some time. Just yesterday it refused to work due to suddenly remove flesh memory from the pc . It was recognized by the computer. I tried using it on another computer but the same message appeared. I also tried autoplay but nothing happened. When I opened the properties of the disk the file system was indicated as.chk file. The data in it is very important and I need to recover it. Please advise.

There is a Safe way and Unsafe way to remove USB devices. And you have been using the Unsafe way, which has most likely caused your dilemma.

I don't know if file system "chk" equates to "raw", but if so, you may be able to recover with Easeus software.
http://www.easeus.com/resource/convert-raw-ntfs.htm
m
l
!