ATI HD 5770 Vapor-x OC Edition

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Hello.
I startred to oc my gpu and now with 900 core/1320 mem i have these results:
http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae137/zeron2862/Unigine3.png

And i have some questions..(after googling im a bit confused :pt1cable: )

I read that increasing memory clock over 1300-1350 decreases perfomance.
Also i didn't found any unigine scores that are close to mine, all above 1000.
Whats the cpu impact on the score?
The vcore im having right now is 1.125. Should i increase it?

Thank's.

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Im waitting for my cpu cooler to start the oc.
I just want to know how much i can get from this card.For example if i set my mem to 1440(max) and is stable i will have decreased perfomance?
Thats what i read.

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
OK got it. Thanks
Xigmatek Gaia SD1283 is enough for me to get my cpu to 3,1-3,2 with reasonable temps, right?

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
I have read that review. Thats how i decided to get it.
Its not up to me to keep him cool thats why i buy new cooler.
With the stock cooler after one hour in prime95 maxed at 74-69-70-70 (hot enough).

The DDR5 video ram used on the cards has the ability to recover from errors, but when this happens it does hurt performance. So if you push the OC of your video ram too far, it will cause errors and result in slower performance.

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

Those temps are totally fine and yes you can up your voltage on it I think 1.3 is the max option for that card... I want that card!!! you can oc the hell out of that thing man I got a sapphire 5770 i bricked one trying to flash to your cards bios actually 2 nights ago...just a bad decision on my end but anyways I consider myself an expert now with this series of cards...my card has no voltage control (thats why i flashed) and Im running stable clocks @1050/1490 stock is850/1200 with a max in ccc of 960/1350 or 1450 and i could only get to 950/1333 in ccc and run stable
MY ADVICE
1. get rid of ccc!
2.download trixx sapphire tweak utility
3.utilize the fan control
4. overclock
i bet if you over volt it slightly NOT to the max you could get your card to well over 1000 you card is the high end of my card and like i said i got stock voltage with wicked high oc, you could probly get that card to 1150 maybe higher for core speeds
with these 5770s its safe to game all day long at high 80s like 88 89 and not do any harm to them its when you get to the 95- 100 range thats no good but aftermarket cooler are not that expensive so if you are running high 80s then just to be safe you should get one or just wire up anoter fan to blow over your card or to vent the bottom of the case you WILL notice a good diffrence with you high load tests as for memory it all depends what chips you have in there and where and who made them all a factor on how fast you can up you memory before it starts looping back.
How much did you pay for that card and where do you live like not exact adress but noth America somewhere else? Im in canada alberta my low version card cost me 130 bucks yesterday went on sale from 150canadian of course....ooohh I wish i had your version. oh if you go to trixx and use that for ocing dont worrie that its not on the support list....mines not and thats what Im using....hittting a score in 3dmark06 ave of 19500 which rocks for this card

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010

Ok so if i overdoit it will cause permanent loss in perfomance?

Those temps are totally fine and yes you can up your voltage on it I think 1.3 is the max option for that card... I want that card!!! you can oc the hell out of that thing man I got a sapphire 5770 i bricked one trying to flash to your cards bios actually 2 nights ago...just a bad decision on my end but anyways I consider myself an expert now with this series of cards...my card has no voltage control (thats why i flashed) and Im running stable clocks @1050/1490 stock is850/1200 with a max in ccc of 960/1350 or 1450 and i could only get to 950/1333 in ccc and run stable
MY ADVICE
1. get rid of ccc!
2.download trixx sapphire tweak utility
3.utilize the fan control
4. overclock
i bet if you over volt it slightly NOT to the max you could get your card to well over 1000 you card is the high end of my card and like i said i got stock voltage with wicked high oc, you could probly get that card to 1150 maybe higher for core speeds
with these 5770s its safe to game all day long at high 80s like 88 89 and not do any harm to them its when you get to the 95- 100 range thats no good but aftermarket cooler are not that expensive so if you are running high 80s then just to be safe you should get one or just wire up anoter fan to blow over your card or to vent the bottom of the case you WILL notice a good diffrence with you high load tests as for memory it all depends what chips you have in there and where and who made them all a factor on how fast you can up you memory before it starts looping back.
How much did you pay for that card and where do you live like not exact adress but noth America somewhere else? Im in canada alberta my low version card cost me 130 bucks yesterday went on sale from 150canadian of course....ooohh I wish i had your version. oh if you go to trixx and use that for ocing dont worrie that its not on the support list....mines not and thats what Im using....hittting a score in 3dmark06 ave of 19500 which rocks for this card

Im going to uninstall ccc , I know its a bit crapy with all these 3d settings that slow down games. In my older cards i installed only display driver. I'm gonna try trixx and tell u the results.I just cannot find someone to compare our results.
Im in Greece and when i bought the card one year ago had 170 euros.
Also i dont see much improvement from oc. Ok numbers are increasing in gpu-z but in benchmarks i gain 0,5 fps

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

No over volting that card I would say its ok that card is made for overclocking. but I just got up here gotta go to work but wanted to check your progress. BUT yes over volting it TOO much WILL damage you card in the long run. I think you will be quiet impressed with how good your card actually is and the boost you can get from the right set up... I have never tried that unigin but Ill download it tonight and score my card so you have somethin kinda to go by.....like I said your card is the high end of these cards and you should surpass my clock speeds and I have no trouble at all with any of mt ati cards running them hard. I have never burnt one out or found any perfomance loss int these newer ati cards as well. If that trixx recognizes you card and IM 99.9% sure it will your laghin man you can turn that 170 card into a 300$ card. Im pretty exited about this helpin ya out cuz with my low end card I use a bench mark tool called 3Dmark06 to get my scores if you read this before I get back to you try out that program....with my card I am reachin a max score of 18700....where as stock it gets me around 16000. 3dmark06 is a great gfx bench marking tool.

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
correct me if I am wrong but I thought that CCC had to be installed to set-up Eyefinity.
the gfx card alone with just native drivers is not able to do so.?

CCC is a general suite made for easy access and dont bother to find other progs for tweaking. Nvidia if i remember well lets u costumize only the physix/color tone/resolution and other simple stuff.

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
In CCC ati wanted to combine all progs that some1 may needed with some extra features that ati cards were compatible. Yoy can make 3-monitor with many progs but eyefininity is specially made from ati for ati cards. Thats how i see it.

A question:
my rams are ddr3 1333Mhz. After overclocking a bit my cpu this raised to 1371Mhz. Should i put it stable from bios?
Also after quick math :) my opinion is to keep it stable so it will be closer to 1:1 or it is going to bottleneck my rams?

Trixx (latest version supports even 6970) downloaded>same like MSI Afterburner wich is the one im using

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
hey there so you downloaded trixx? and can you move the sliders for your clocks? and dont worrie about the support page, download it and see if it works...it6 should with your gfx card... it recognizes mine it does not mention my card there but thats what Im using to oc. And it lets you clock higher than ccc....just got home so get back asap @ your convenience. The info I can give you will make your 5770 comprte with some of the newest cards out there. amd by a general rule clock your gfx and have tou cpu @ stock....t6hats the way to find how stable you are. once you do that you oc your cpu and will gain even more from your gfx card
and your ram freq all depends on what your mobo will let it do....I have 4 gig mushkin( not high spec) ram which is 1333 but Im runnin about 1450 with no problems and no voltage control. ys and the ratio....in my opinoin is not that important unless your running you system HARD 24/7. if you do get any error msgs and it has a code or 0x000000a1 or to that effect that means memory setting problems. I would love to see how much that card can do...like I said I am highly impressed with what my card can do and I got the low end you have the higher end of the card

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010

Yep it recognized my card. Read all my gpu specs and i can move the sliders.

Im sorry are you running more than 1 monitor?

Just one ( Samsung Syncmaster T200HD 20" 1680x1050)

Motherboard says DDR3 1333(1600 OC). So i suppose im fine.
5770 Vapor-x OC edition its high end on its class (mid-range gpus). I dont think that its a high end card and from now on its not compettitive at all, new technologies( better tesseletion, more shaders, faster bus speed).I bought this one because its a good card and my overall system would bottleneck other, better cards.

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Im currently on this stage:
910-1340-1.png

910-1340gpu.gif

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
ht://gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/05/28/c7p.png.....just copy paste it to your browser i and make sure at the front its http ....dont know why it wont work in a link..I dont know how to put a link to just click on but it you copy and paste the above you can see what my LOW end is capable of without ccc and have been running those clocks for a bit....I did buff up the core 20 today but those are the kind of numbers you can go past with that card....granted that every card is different even in the same brand just by a bit I cant seem to run that unigine on my pc for some reason...I would have liked to put those scores up too to see how they compare....but your core clock is more important than your memory for getting a higher framrate but just slide that up and your framerates will jump around till you slide up your memory a bit...or alot. of course it took me a good couple days to get my card to work with my games at this speed....some times I would get red dots up in the corner of my screen which just means the card needed more power so had to back off some for some games....well just one inmy case ....shift 2 was the game giving me that problem ...game ran fine but those dots were irritating
and thats exactly why I tried to flash to your bios....oh i guess it links it up automatic...cool

zeron

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010