Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Needing a AMD phemon II rig.

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 13, 2009 8:34:40 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Maybe after summer holiday (September), and after Win7 release.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, surfing the website, video editing.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, mouse, 2 Drives and monitor.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Any UK website.

PARTS PREFERENCES: I would like AMD Phemon II. And maybe ATI graphic card.

OVERCLOCKING: No. There's possibly I could CF them but very low possibility.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: I would still happy if I had 600x800 resolution, due to fact, I got used to it. Always on low resolution. But would also happy to increase it.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Max price is £600. But I got CRT monitor, If you find good rig WITH LCD monitor in price. I still happy with my old and dusty CRT.

Thanks in advance.

More about : needing amd phemon rig

June 13, 2009 8:37:21 PM

Sorry for double post.

I would very happy if I had a rig that would last 2-3 years.
June 13, 2009 9:10:29 PM

lol CF on 600x800 resolution

Wait for september to plan this out, there isn't any point in planning it now.
Related resources
June 14, 2009 8:54:59 AM

Why? I think 600x800 is just fine for me. Suppose some people find it funny. I don't see a difference between high and low resolutions. I did forget to tell you that, CRT's native resolution is 600x800. Anything lower than that or higher than that, it becomes more smaller or bigger.
June 14, 2009 10:09:56 AM

There may be some new GPU's by then that will have DirectX11 and if you bought some new stuff now you'd just be wasting money.BTW how old is your rig and what parts do you have?
June 14, 2009 10:12:02 AM

I have some serious problems here and it posted my message 3 times i will edit the posts so that it will not be the same in the 3 posts. I appologise for this inconvenience.
June 14, 2009 10:14:30 AM
June 14, 2009 10:30:52 AM

core i7 ownage said:
Why? I think 600x800 is just fine for me. Suppose some people find it funny. I don't see a difference between high and low resolutions. I did forget to tell you that, CRT's native resolution is 600x800. Anything lower than that or higher than that, it becomes more smaller or bigger.


I don't think that xthekid was lol'ing at you, but at the idea of CF for 800x600 res. At that resolution, the onboard GPU would be close to adequate, and almost any GPU will be overkill.
June 14, 2009 11:06:04 AM

800x600?? Like you say you are used to it ,,so were we all once upon at time ,,but the difference from 800x to say 1200x is not only a finer picture but also a better 3d experience,the more detail the more depth there is to a given adventure,,in a way I kind of envy you as you have that to look forward to,,enjoy..:) 
June 14, 2009 11:06:36 AM

800x600?? Like you say you are used to it ,,so were we all once upon at time ,,but the difference from 800x to say 1200x is not only a finer picture but also a better 3d experience,the more detail the more depth there is to a given adventure,,in a way I kind of envy you as you have that to look forward to,,enjoy..:) 
June 14, 2009 11:06:53 AM

800x600?? Like you say you are used to it ,,so were we all once upon at time ,,but the difference from 800x to say 1200x is not only a finer picture but also a better 3d experience,the more detail the more depth there is to a given adventure,,in a way I kind of envy you as you have that to look forward to,,enjoy..:) 
June 14, 2009 2:25:10 PM

Andraxxus said:
There may be some new GPU's by then that will have DirectX11 and if you bought some new stuff now you'd just be wasting money.BTW how old is your rig and what parts do you have?


My rig? About over 5 years old.

It's not custom built but a rig from eMachine called 3220.

Specs (Before upgrade)

Intel 82865G

512MB DDR

Intel Celeron 2.8GHZ Socket 478

60GB HDD.

P4I65G.

Soecs: (After Upgrade)

1GB DDR

Intel Celeron 3.0GHZ (Overclocked)

That's shows how my rig is ancient. But runs my favourite games fine. (RTCW and ET). And some online gaming. But it takes 5min to boot up and log in which is very slow. Also, I got no XP cd which means my HDD's space is very low and I cant do anything about that. (5GB left).

June 14, 2009 2:29:34 PM
June 14, 2009 2:33:30 PM

And read my first comments again please.
June 14, 2009 5:55:55 PM

Case & PSU: Antec Sonata III 500 Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - Retail
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor - Retail
Motherboard: ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-4GBPI - Retail
DVD Burner: SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 22X DVD-R 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner - OEM

387 Pounds without a monitor or VAT. But even the onboard GPU is severe overkill for 800x600, it would still be overkill for 1024x768, you can probably fit a monitor in that budget too.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO...

With that monitor it goes up to 562 without VAT but you then need a graphics card

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX...

Brings you upto 631 without VAT, a bit above your budget but prices are higher in the UK and monitors are still rather expensive
June 14, 2009 6:56:01 PM

core i7 ownage said:
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Maybe after summer holiday (September), and after Win7 release.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Any UK website.

PARTS PREFERENCES: I would like AMD Phemon II. And maybe ATI graphic card.

Thanks in advance.

I'm bulding this PC (AMD) for around $600.00

Motherboard MSI AM3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
CPU AMD Phenom II X2 550
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
RAM Gskill 4GB DDR3 1333
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
PSU 650W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Video Card, a 4850 or a 4870
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Hard Drive WD 160GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

from this list I have the Motherboard,Ram,and the 550 CPU so far.

not including the OS,dvd drive,and PC case, that I already have.
June 15, 2009 3:50:53 PM

...? Newegg is American website. Plus I said £600 budget not dollar.
June 15, 2009 3:53:10 PM

hunter315 said:
Case & PSU: Antec Sonata III 500 Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply - Retail
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor - Retail
Motherboard: ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-4GBPI - Retail
DVD Burner: SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 22X DVD-R 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner - OEM

387 Pounds without a monitor or VAT. But even the onboard GPU is severe overkill for 800x600, it would still be overkill for 1024x768, you can probably fit a monitor in that budget too.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO...

With that monitor it goes up to 562 without VAT but you then need a graphics card

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX...

Brings you upto 631 without VAT, a bit above your budget but prices are higher in the UK and monitors are still rather expensive


Very nice. But I still haven't decided. :(  I really think I should ask for help later.
June 15, 2009 3:53:56 PM

Andraxxus said:
There may be some new GPU's by then that will have DirectX11 and if you bought some new stuff now you'd just be wasting money.BTW how old is your rig and what parts do you have?


I think your right. I will ask again later.
June 15, 2009 6:17:15 PM

core i7 ownage said:
...? Newegg is American website. Plus I said £600 budget not dollar.

sorry, I must not have read that part.
!