Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How do I flash the BIOS of a MSi 790FX-GD70 motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 6, 2009 12:00:27 AM

I have and MSi 790FX-GD70 motherboard. The manual says it has M-Flash. I read on the website that one of the updates allow for terabyte HDD's. I plan on installing a 1.5TB HDD, so I believe I need to flash the BIOS. What I was wondering was how I should do that? Thanks!

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
December 6, 2009 12:09:48 AM

Download the BIOS upgrade and save it to the root of the C:\ drive. Write down the name of the file, including the extension. Reboot the computer, using the BIOS keystroke to invoke the BIOS update mode. When prompted about the update file, type "C:\"filename.ext and run it.
December 6, 2009 12:19:09 AM

marcellis22 said:
Download the BIOS upgrade and save it to the root of the C:\ drive. Write down the name of the file, including the extension. Reboot the computer, using the BIOS keystroke to invoke the BIOS update mode. When prompted about the update file, type "C:\"filename.ext and run it.

I just read on the page for BIOS updates that I should use the flash utility supplied in the download(http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=b...). Would that be the AFUD4310.EXE? By the way, one of the updates allow for a "1000GB" hard drive. Mine is 1.5TB; will I still be able to use the drive, or do I have to return it and buy a 1TB? Thanks
m
l
July 12, 2013 10:31:33 PM

Download update to a USB device, go into BIOS, find the Flash, and load from USB.
m
l
!