Catalyst not detecting my Radeon 2900

cjy

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009
I just did a fresh reinstall of windows vista 32 bit and have installed the chipset drivers. I have loaded catalyst version 8.11 to detect my Radeon 2900 Pro but somehow at the end of the process it only detects a Radeon X1200 series. I then tried catalyst 9.6 also no results. Because of this I cannot connect my monitor to my graphics card DVI as there is no signal.

Is my graphics card dead?

One thing to note is that I am using 2 x 6 pins on the 6/8 slots. Some forum said the 2 extra pins are just for ground and not important. Does my GPU have enough power?

cjy

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009

It was working before the install, then I didn't use the pc for about 3 months and when i went back on it wasn't working. I reinstalled vista thinking it would solve the issue.

I had the cd drivers at the time, which I really don't recall what version. It's whatever would have been released in early 2007.

I also did update vista to SP2 but didn't make a difference.

I don't know what .net framework is? I can give it a try to install it, but I don't think I had it installed before either when it was working.

Any ideas? i'm beginning to think the graphics card is fried. The worst part is that its technically under warrantee but I no longer have the receipt so saphhire won't help me.