Sign in with
Your question

Catalyst not detecting my Radeon 2900

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 3, 2009 9:46:43 AM

I just did a fresh reinstall of windows vista 32 bit and have installed the chipset drivers. I have loaded catalyst version 8.11 to detect my Radeon 2900 Pro but somehow at the end of the process it only detects a Radeon X1200 series. I then tried catalyst 9.6 also no results. Because of this I cannot connect my monitor to my graphics card DVI as there is no signal.

Is my graphics card dead?

One thing to note is that I am using 2 x 6 pins on the 6/8 slots. Some forum said the 2 extra pins are just for ground and not important. Does my GPU have enough power?

July 3, 2009 11:12:36 AM

Was it working before the reinstall?
Which drivers did you have previously installed?
Has Vista finished updating itself?
Do you have .Net framework 2.0 or higher installed?
July 6, 2009 1:06:05 AM

coozie7 said:
Was it working before the reinstall?
Which drivers did you have previously installed?
Has Vista finished updating itself?
Do you have .Net framework 2.0 or higher installed?

It was working before the install, then I didn't use the pc for about 3 months and when i went back on it wasn't working. I reinstalled vista thinking it would solve the issue.

I had the cd drivers at the time, which I really don't recall what version. It's whatever would have been released in early 2007.

I also did update vista to SP2 but didn't make a difference.

I don't know what .net framework is? I can give it a try to install it, but I don't think I had it installed before either when it was working.

Any ideas? i'm beginning to think the graphics card is fried. The worst part is that its technically under warrantee but I no longer have the receipt so saphhire won't help me.
!