What's the best possible psu brand i can buy that's under $100

Beastcobra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
I would like to know what is the best PSU brand i can buy for less than $100 and that will also go well with either the ATI Radeon hd 4670/4770? And which of the 2 graphics cards is better for all around movies and gaming?

Also have a great 4th of July! :sol:

Both cards are ok but the 4770 is faster by a fair margin, but watch what you pay, the even faster HD4850 can be found for the same price, or less if you shop carefully.
Assumung you do not have a multi-CPU server or a dozen hard drives 400-450W from Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, Pc Power and Cooling or OCZ would be more than enough (go for the 450W if you buy the Hd4850).

Beastcobra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
So it really doesn't matter what type of psu i buy as long as it reaches the minimum requirement for the Watts.

Beastcobra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
I still have one more question, what is the DX11 I've been hearing about and people waiting to buy graphics cards when that comes out, if i buy a graphics card when that comes out will i not be able to play with new games or something or can i update my drivers to DX11. I'm kinda confused. :??:

Beastcobra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Alright so back to my original question, i bought my psu for 90 bucks and the ati radeon 4670 for 85 bucks :D . The brand of my psu is rocket fish and has 550 watts. I couldn't find the brands mentioned above because unlike other people I buy my things at stores like staples and best buy(but that's not the problem). Now when i installed my psu and the 4670 it seemed like my PC started OK but the fan or something that you hear humming from the computer got just a little bit louder. I started playing Mass Effect(pretty awesome rpg) an hour and half later and my pc randomly shut off. :(

I'm not sure why it shut off but I'm assuming it's from my new psu. I'm pretty sure that I installed the wires correctly and cleaned the dust well from inside the computer. Hint Hint notice i said pretty sure that I installed the wires correctly so not 110% but 80-85%. But seriously could it be that the 4670 might have a tiny bit effect on this, or something else like my motherboard or is it the psu i installed. Please post some ideas and i might run through some other things i might of need to do or receive help from.Thanks :)

Beastcobra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009

Dude that's a beast program, but now i'm kinda scared :( because i'm assuming that 45-55C isn't good for my temperatures and that's what I'm receiving now. What to do know

Beastcobra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
i accidentally double posted

EDIT: the earlier post was without gaming, but when playing Crysis on Mainstream settings the temperature in GPU went up to a max of 78C.