shak79

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
hi ,got a genrel question .i want to know which mother board would u suggest for a q6600,4 gig ram i want it to be hdmi enabled if possible can u give me 4 choices 1 being best and so on.im not a gamer but i like to build near gamers standared BUT i really dont know about motherboards. thanks and would really be a help..

Don't know who your vender is, but most g31 and p45 boards will run the q6600 if you use ddr2. For ddr3, the x48 chipset boards are very good. For ddr1, 3b tech has some asrock 775 dual vsta core2 duo for $27.50. It also works with some ddr2.

shak79

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
Well do you already have the processor? I ask because if you building new I would suggest against it.

Socket 775 is a dead end, there is NO upgrade path. If you are building new I suggest you go with something newer like a 45nm processor. 65nm is old technology and you dont want to build new around old technology on a dead end socket.

Otherwise the P45 is by far the best chipset out there for the money. The best overclocker too.

hi me again i have checked the web and there are so many P45 mother boards out there if u can tell me which is best aswell as has hdmi.and if i didnt have the q6600 what would u had suggested?plz do reply to both question thanks

shak79

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
thanks ill look for 1 and then get back to u,1 more question i have a Internal Card Reader but the cable is to short how can i extend that?i mean the cable has an usb connectoer at the end of it but its very hard to slot in..

shak79

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
Asus P5Q PRO TURBO Intel P45 DDR2 Intel ATX Motherboard..
Asus P5Q-E P45 Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboa.......
Asus P5Q Deluxe Intel P45 DDR2 Crossfire Motherboard......
.ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n Motherboard ..
.ASUS Striker II Extreme .
.ASUS Striker II FORMULA ..

these are what i have found and think they are gd but would u say is gd from them just give me 2 plz as im confused alot..thanks

Any of those asus boards you listed will work fine. You don't need to overspend to get quality. Checkout the boards and pick the one with the features you will use everyday. It's not rocket science. If you want a better answer, tell us exactly what you will use your system for. And if blueray and video playback are important, you'll have to pick a different chipset. If your vender doesn't carry a good g41 or g43 board, find another vender. I just recommended a g41 MSI board from newegg for $69.99 for an hdmi build. I have 2 MSI boards, and they both work well; one is g31 for Intel, the other uses a dual core amd with nvidia chipset.

shak79

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
i need a mb for overclocking ,for hdmi,and to play games basiccaly i just want a gd motherboard if u can suggest 1 from the 1s ive written it will be a great help.thanks