Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R and USB problem

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 6, 2009 12:58:25 PM

Hi,

I've a new Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Rev 1.6 mobo with 6Gb RAM, 4 Samsung 1 Tb HD, 850W PS and Windows 7 running.

All works fine .... except the 2 front panel USB connected to the F_USB1 and F_USB2 internal connectors. Connecting an external HD (with own power supply) to these USB ports results USB Device not recongnized by WIN7.
Connecting the same external HD to the back panel USB Connectors doesn't give any problem !!

I concluded something was wrong with WIN7 or USB drivers but reinstalling them (newer version drivers) didn't solve the problem.

In Device Manager ther are no problems reported for the USB controllers.

Could it be a USB PS problem? Gigabyte does't give any problems info on their website, neither answers support request.

Any idea how to solve this?

Tkx
a b V Motherboard
December 15, 2009 6:18:25 AM

It's a USB power problem, like you said. When you connected the front ports to the mobo, did you connect all the cables? Did you also connect all the power ports of the mobo to your PSU?
a c 177 V Motherboard
December 15, 2009 9:23:59 AM

Do your front panel USB MOBO connectors run to a single ten pin connector (with one pin 'blocked' to 'key' it, or are they two separate four pin connectors (my guess...)??
!