Trouble installing windows on a new build

I just built a new computer:
amd 940
biostar 790gx
4g corsair 800 (only using 1 stick to boot)
corsair 620w.
Lite-on bluray
1tb WD black

I burned an iso of Windows 7 as the OS.

I booted it up (with only 1 stick of ram installed) and changed the boot drive preference to the dvd and HDD. when I try and boot, it just get stuck on a screen asking me to either a) reboot the computer and change the bios or b) "press any key to continue to boot". So I went into the bios and made sure my dvd drive was the primary, with the HDD as the secondary. Re-booted again, and same thing happened. When I press any key to continue, it keeps displaying the message.

More details:
-- None of my drives (optical or HDD) are targeted as the master/slave. could this have an effect? If so, will you expand a little, as I am very unfamiliar with this. Neither of them came with Jumpers. Should I go to the local radioshack to set as master/slave?

Thank you for all of the help
--
5 answers Last reply
More about trouble installing windows build
  1. I'm getting the impression that you are trying to boot from your dvd??? correct??
    If that is so then,I do not think that is possible,without a master/active partition as windoze needs to write to said hdd.:)
  2. I had something of the same problem loading a DVD burn of Windows 7 RC. I had to reburn a disk at 1x speed and used Imgburn . The 2nd DVD worked with no problems.
  3. Yes, I am trying to boot from the dvd drive. I want my hard drive as the master and the optical as the slave, correct?
  4. double post
  5. dirtmountain said:
    I had something of the same problem loading a DVD burn of Windows 7 RC. I had to reburn a disk at 1x speed and used Imgburn . The 2nd DVD worked with no problems.

Update. I burned a new disk and reset the CMOS. This seems to be working! Awesome suggestion!
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Boot Systems