XP application permission problems

Craig

Sorry I left the error messages at home but here goes.
On my Sony VAIO RS-410 with Windows XP Home Edition
I have Nero 5.5 and it won't burn under any other profile
but the Admin profile... I downloaded the nero patch for
giving all user permissions to the applications but no one
but the admin can burn a CD the rest just hang in the
process.
I also have a Lexmark x1150 and it prints in all profiles
but won't scan unless in the adminstrator profile.

Please help I have called TechSupport for Lexmark and they
lead me here.

Thanks,

Craig

Go home and get the error message.

http://www.counterpunch.org/bageant06132004.html
"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228fd01c45d53$bad05260$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Sorry I left the error messages at home but here goes.
> On my Sony VAIO RS-410 with Windows XP Home Edition
> I have Nero 5.5 and it won't burn under any other profile
> but the Admin profile... I downloaded the nero patch for
> giving all user permissions to the applications but no one
> but the admin can burn a CD the rest just hang in the
> process.
> I also have a Lexmark x1150 and it prints in all profiles
> but won't scan unless in the adminstrator profile.
>
> Please help I have called TechSupport for Lexmark and they
> lead me here.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Craig

Craig

Here it is:

Error Signature
AppName: lxbkaiox.exe AppVer:2.0.2. ModName:
rtscan.dll

ModVer: 4.0.0.2 Offset: 0000d65e

I also copied the error text file in the profiles temp
Directory! If that would help let me know.

Thanks

Craig

-
>http://www.counterpunch.org/bageant06132004.html
>"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:228fd01c45d53$bad05260$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> Sorry I left the error messages at home but here goes.
>> On my Sony VAIO RS-410 with Windows XP Home Edition
>> I have Nero 5.5 and it won't burn under any other
profile
>> but the Admin profile... I downloaded the nero patch
for
>> giving all user permissions to the applications but no
one
>> but the admin can burn a CD the rest just hang in the
>> process.
>> I also have a Lexmark x1150 and it prints in all
profiles
>> but won't scan unless in the adminstrator profile.
>>
>> Please help I have called TechSupport for Lexmark and
they
>> lead me here.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> Craig
>.

Mmmmm, looks like a virus because of the totally random name.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:224fc01c45dc2$98fef1e0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Here it is:
>
> Error Signature
> AppName: lxbkaiox.exe AppVer:2.0.2. ModName:
> rtscan.dll
>
> ModVer: 4.0.0.2 Offset: 0000d65e
>
> I also copied the error text file in the profiles temp
> Directory! If that would help let me know.
>

> Thanks
>
> Craig

Craig

Dave,

I have Norton Security 2004 installed on the VAIO form the
Manufacture? Plus the that is the executable of the
software company Lexmark. I have the error log as a text
file from my temp directory with a print screen if the
error message form windows XP. If you want I can email it
to you. I have created this email address above so shoot
me an email.

Thanks

Craig

--
>> -
>> >http://www.counterpunch.org/bageant06132004.html
>> >"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:228fd01c45d53$bad05260$a401280a@phx.gbl...
goes.
>> profile
>> for
no
>> one
the
>> profiles

and
>> they

>> >.
>> >
>.

Craig

?????

--
>> -
>> >http://www.counterpunch.org/bageant06132004.html
>> >"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:228fd01c45d53$bad05260$a401280a@phx.gbl...
goes.
>> profile
>> for
no
>> one
the
>> profiles

and
>> they

>> >.
>> >
>.

Have you checked the Lexmark site for updated drivers for the printer. If
yes, have you checked with Lexmark tech support about this issue.

As to Nero, again, this is their issue. If the patch doesn't work, I can
only suggest what we usually suggest when an application won't work in other
user accounts. If the other accounts are limited accounts, temporarily
change them to Administrator, install the application in that account,
install it to the same folder in which it currently resides. This should
create the pointers to this user. Then, if the account had previously been
a limited account, change it back to limited and see if it then works in
this user account.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry I left the error messages at home but here goes.
> On my Sony VAIO RS-410 with Windows XP Home Edition
> I have Nero 5.5 and it won't burn under any other profile
> but the Admin profile... I downloaded the nero patch for
> giving all user permissions to the applications but no one
> but the admin can burn a CD the rest just hang in the
> process.
> I also have a Lexmark x1150 and it prints in all profiles
> but won't scan unless in the adminstrator profile.
>
> Please help I have called TechSupport for Lexmark and they
> lead me here.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Craig

Then Nero Probelm I have resolved by deleting the old
patch, downloading a fresh copy and applying it.

On the Lexmark problem I have done the same(got a fresh
copy) for the driver and still the problem remains.

I contacted techsupport and they say I have to find
someone who can instruct me on giving permissions to which
ever application of theirs appears with the error message.
Techsupport was in india and they said they had not seen
this probelm before. I made sure my NAV was up to date "
the newest release was last night"! I scanned the pc and
it showed no signs infection as Mr David Candy implied so
I am real lost now.

Thanks,

Craig

In the Administrator profile, I'd try removing and reinstalling the Lexmark
software.

Many applications have problems with multi-user setups. Often, such issues
can be resolved by installing the software in the user account that has the
issue. Usually this happens with limited accounts which need to be
temporarily made administrator accounts for the purpose of installation but
can be returned to limited status once the install is complete.

In your case, it's the admin account, so I'd just remove the software, be
sure to go to the printers folder and delete the Lexmark printer, then
reboot and reinstall it in that account. You may, then need to reinstall it
individually in other user accounts. The operative word here is "MAY." You
may have no problem in the other accounts but since I'm recommending
removing the software, it may have an impact on them as well.

--

"Craig To Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Then Nero Probelm I have resolved by deleting the old
> patch, downloading a fresh copy and applying it.
>
> On the Lexmark problem I have done the same(got a fresh
> copy) for the driver and still the problem remains.
>
> I contacted techsupport and they say I have to find
> someone who can instruct me on giving permissions to which
> ever application of theirs appears with the error message.
> Techsupport was in india and they said they had not seen
> this probelm before. I made sure my NAV was up to date "
> the newest release was last night"! I scanned the pc and
> it showed no signs infection as Mr David Candy implied so
> I am real lost now.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig

Craig

I will try this I can't believe I didn't try upgrading the
accounts and then doing the re-installation.

Hopefully it will work!

wrote in message
>> Then Nero Probelm I have resolved by deleting the old
>> patch, downloading a fresh copy and applying it.
>>
>> On the Lexmark problem I have done the same(got a fresh
>> copy) for the driver and still the problem remains.
>>
>> I contacted techsupport and they say I have to find
>> someone who can instruct me on giving permissions to
which
>> ever application of theirs appears with the error
message.
>> Techsupport was in india and they said they had not seen
>> this probelm before. I made sure my NAV was up to
date "
>> the newest release was last night"! I scanned the pc and
>> it showed no signs infection as Mr David Candy implied
so
>> I am real lost now.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Craig

Good luck.

--

"Craig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I will try this I can't believe I didn't try upgrading the
> accounts and then doing the re-installation.
>
> Hopefully it will work!

Did not work Once the users where returned to limited
control Status the error returned.

Craig

If installing the software in each profile didn't resolve it, it may be a
driver or software issue; it may simply not be compatible with multi-user
environment.