Laptop, Desktop, PS3, Print Server, and Cable Modem (oh my!)

Kopp123

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
I just moved and my old network setup doesn't work in the new house. I looked for similar situations on the forums, but nothing quite matched up. Any help on how to get these devices connected (somewhat wirelessly) would be much appreciated!

Physically, the setup is as follows:
- Room 1: Laptop
- Room 2: Cable Modem and PS3
- Room 3: Desktop and Print Server (wired)

In room 1, the laptop will connect wirelessly one way or another, no big deal there. In room 2, I currently have the cable modem and PS3 connected to a wireless router. In the third room, the desktop and print server are currently not connected to the network in any way.

I would like to add a device to connect the desktop and print server to eachother and to the wireless network. Is that possible? What do I need to buy? I'd like to do it for under $75 if that's possible... Thanks for the help!!

EDIT: I just found some information on wireless bridges. Is that what I'm looking for? Can I connect a new wireless router with the desktop and print server if it's set to "bridge mode?"

Solution
G
Yes, you need a wireless bridge. I made mine from a Linksys WRT54G router & DD-WRT firmware.
G

Yes, you need a wireless bridge. I made mine from a Linksys WRT54G router & DD-WRT firmware.

Solution