IE loads slow the first time after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmakkar

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hi Guys

This is regarding IE 9.
I have 3 PCs/Laptops. On each of these, IE loads really slow first time after booting. After that, even if I close IE and then re-open , it would load pretty fast.

Version of Windows: 7 and IE 9

Question: Is there a way that IE should load fast even first time after booting.

I already have Internet Options>>Connections>>LAN Settings>>Automatically Detect Settings Unchecked

Any tips/tricks would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!

Solution
If anything, try Chrome or Firefox as they are faster and lighter on the system, unless u need the IE.

Also, if it is old installation of Windows, it is slower than it used to be. I would clean install if it is slow : )

Also u may check for the pest, just in case.

Run #1 @ Simple and free guide to removing malware

BTW, if u have tool bars from who knows what, remove as that is #1 reason for slow browser!
FOr firefox, the more addons you have, the slower it start first time. After you start the first time, the files require for start up is cached in RAM so next start up is quick. I suspect the same for IE. I am not sure if there are addons for IE (I haven't use it for years). So you may want to look at disabling addons. Otherwise, you have to get an SSD.

If anything, try Chrome or Firefox as they are faster and lighter on the system, unless u need the IE.

Also, if it is old installation of Windows, it is slower than it used to be. I would clean install if it is slow : )

Also u may check for the pest, just in case.

Run #1 @ Simple and free guide to removing malware

BTW, if u have tool bars from who knows what, remove as that is #1 reason for slow browser!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.